• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW BT Cup 6

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
In the matches which did go ahead yesterday:

Group C.
Jamees 999ers beat Oz Fans XI by nine wickets:
Oz Fans XI 40 A/O (21.4), Olowe 7 (27), Bardle 10/4/10/4
Jamees 999ers 41/1 (7.0), Fillery 24* (23), Gordon 4/0/24/1

Group F.
Kipper XI beat Viveash by 76 runs.
Kipper XI 257 A/O (49.3), Dove 117 (112), Stevens 9.3/0/43/5
Viveash 181 A/O (39.5), Elvins 67 (90), Andy Wainwright 51 (66), Byron 9/0/40/4

Cymru Gurgitaters beat Jaffna Jets by 8 wickets.
Jaffna Jets 174 A/O (44.5), Quinton 89 (116), Muralitharan 48* (91), Bewers 7.5/0/15/8
Cymru Gurgitaters 175/2 (34.1), Greening 97* (104), Staveley 55* (70), Sisk 10/0/66/1

Presuming we're Carrying on with the same format, the below fixtures have to be played this weekend, so get challenging tomorrow!

Group A:
Tawonga Tigers V Four Pillars and Poor Fillers
Citizens ErasedV Got Spin,

Group B:
Tamil Eelam CC V College Dropouts
Clapo's XI V Pup,

Group C:
Best Indies V Caves_beached,

Group D:
Beard XI V Lancashire
Suryadevara V Victoria Panthers,

Group E:
Dynamo Morpork V Magical Ponies
Central Districts V Zebras,

Group G:
Male Models V Alternative XI
The Heath CC V Sad Decadent XI,

Group H.
Vindscreen Vipers V Leverock CC
Brackenhurst V VCC

Bobisback

International Regular
Why dont we just get a list of all the leagues people are in and what positions and just arrange it by that, top 8 get the bye, then 9th-16th are B seeds, 17th-24th are C seeds, etc. There would be some places where the ranks dont match up, like Scaly being ranked below PY, but i think it would work out.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Trev, here's the proposal Tharmi and I would like to put forward. We've formulated 5 groups of 8 seeds, whereby the top group are automatically through to the Round of 16 and the top-placed team in each group of four (of which there are eight) play them. From here, there will be the quarter-finals, the semis, then the final. That means 3 rounds of group games, 1 Round of 16, 1 week of Quarter finals, 1 week of Semis and 1 for the final. 7 weeks in total.

We can post the groups, or the seeds, if you want.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
As King Lear Put it:
"The Wheel Hath come Full Circle!"

Go for you're lives boys, I'm happy with whatever you think's best.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Alright here the proposed format:

Seeded sides (Through to next round): Asterix XI, Scaly Piscine CC, Whenuapai CC, Withington Wonderers, Boggles, Dalmeny CC, College Dropouts, Anchormen

Group A: Citizens Erased, Vindscreen Vipers, Pup, The Heath CC
Group B: Dynamo Morpork, Sad Decadent XI, Clapo XI, Tamil Eelam
Group C: Magical Poines, Jaffna Jets, Zebras, Male Models
Group D: Central Districts, Viveash, Alternative XI, Laverock CC
Group E: Jamee999ers, Got Spin, Brackenhurst, <insert late sign up>
Group F: Cymru Gurguiters, Four Pillars and Poor Fillers, Beard XI, Oz Fan XI
Group G: VCC, Kipper XI, Suryadevara, caves_beached
Group H: Lancashire, Victoria Panthers, Tawonga Tigers, Best Indies

Top side in each group quailfies for the next round.

Seeding were based mainly on past cup results. Basically top 8 winners/semis/quarters, next 8 double 2nd round qualifers or better, next 8 2nd round qualifiers, etc.

Trev you can deside which format you want to use.

Last edited:

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
seems

Okay, beaten to it!fine to me, except you've got Got Spin in two groups. Don't mean to nitpick, but does that mean we've left someone out?

Bobisback

International Regular
Groups look good, mine looks a bit tough, two should win matches, but then Trev, so im expected to lose that, but upsets can happen.

Having a quick look through the groups, i would have to say Group B would be the group of death, or maybe A. Kinda good that we dont have the big dogs to contend with, though i enjoy matches against them, Wickets and runs are more appreciated in those games, e.g. Hockings 100 vs Asterix XI still one of my favourite innings that anyone in my team has had.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I made the semis once and quarters once. :whistling

Won't whine, though. Should be fun.
Should be noted i had you personally in the top 8 until Rob came back. Anyway unless Trev has any problems here the first round fixtures so we can kick it off, basic 4 v 1 and 3 v 2:

Group A:
The Heath CC v Citizens Erased
Pup v Vindscreen Vipers

Group B:
Tamil Eelam v Dynamo Morpork
Clapo XI v Sad Decadent XI

Group C:
Male Models v Magical Poines
Zebras v Jaffna Jets

Group D:
Laverock CC v Central Districts
Alternative XI v Viveash