• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 10-17 June

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sean, I've just sent you an email to try and see whether the problems are affecting my address or not. I hope you get it...

adharcric

International Coach
Doesn't really involve me but I would suggest transferring the Sobers to Fiery. First of all, giving him only one award is a huge waste of a new panel member, unless he doesn't have time for more than one award. He may do a good job with the Saj or Inzy, but separating the Sobers and Bradman - highly respected awards alongside the Sir Geoffrey - would actually make things more interesting IMO. Disagree with the notion that all three should be kept together - awards should be given out independent of one another and if someone is so ridiculously good in a given week, he should be duly rewarded with multiple awards (preferably from different panel members). Of course, you may just get greedy and keep the good stuff, Richard. :p

Fiery

Banned
Doesn't really involve me but I would suggest transferring the Sobers to Fiery. First of all, giving him only one award is a huge waste of a new panel member, unless he doesn't have time for more than one award. He may do a good job with the Saj or Inzy, but separating the Sobers and Bradman - highly respected awards alongside the Sir Geoffrey - would actually make things more interesting IMO. Disagree with the notion that all three should be kept together - awards should be given out independent of one another and if someone is so ridiculously good in a given week, he should be duly rewarded with multiple awards (preferably from different panel members). Of course, you may just get greedy and keep the good stuff, Richard. :p
I sent this email to archie:

"To be honest archie, I would just like to stick to judging the Skull. I already spend far too much time on CW (to the detriment of my work and personal life…haha) and the Gatting/Rana would just require far too much reading. Hope that’s OK"

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH, the Sobers is the one I enjoy most.

And someone else giving it out makes no sense, as we know who'd win it every week then. :D (This very much needs a YES, THIS LINE WAS IN JEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Fiery

Banned
Late afternoon. By the way, it's the USA, the US or simply America. Don't give me that US of A crap and don't you dare insult my country! :mad:

*gets restless at work*
Or the "US and A" if you are Borat. Home of the "great warlord President Bush"

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Late afternoon. By the way, it's the USA, the US or simply America. Don't give me that US of A crap and don't you dare insult my country! :mad:

*gets restless at work*
But it is the United States of America.

Craig

World Traveller
You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.
Look should we just start up the Bring Back Heath movement? Although I doubt it would reach the heights of the 'Bring Back Buck' (now any rugby fan in New Zealand worth their salt would know this) though :dry:

And :laugh: at Richard for Harmison as avatar.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Look should we just start up the Bring Back Heath movement? Although I doubt it would reach the heights of the 'Bring Back Buck' (now any rugby fan in New Zealand worth their salt would know this) though :dry:
Even I with my limited knowledge of Rugby know of the 'BBB' movement.

Anyway, Heath has set up a Cult of his own Personality - the Heath Davis Appreciation Society of which Heath is the Fascist Dictator (see signature below). The society even has its own motto (see signature below)

Membership Tally = 1

Well, its a start.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
It's the action that really disturbes me tbh. Both arms aren't going in a straight line. Their all over the place.