• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best 'street-fighter'

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Can a street fighter be aesthetically attractive to watch when batting? If so, have there ever been any? Or does it come with the territory that they generally aren't as attractive in their stroke play, but make up for it with their grit?{QUOTE]

Possibly Dravid?

Xuhaib

International Coach
One thing has always bothered me, just because a player is not attractive to watch people label him as being a lesser talent then the one who is more graceful in his style of play.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Collingwood for me. Not the most talented (batting-wise anyway) but has come to be a fixture in England's Test and ODI team.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
eh

Sure, the guy's dead, but why should we be spared potentially hilarious jokes because of it? Humour is for the living.
Don't find jokes about how the dead died especially amusing, TBH. 'Specially when it was as nasty as in the David Hookes case.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I also thought it was in bad taste, he (Hookes) was a hero of mine when I was a young fella:(
Hookes was a great player, I enjoyed watching him bat several times. In my opinion (and based on what I've read and the result of the court case) his demise was his own fault and if some other form of high profile figure (politician, Paris Hilton etc.) had gone in the same way, their epitaph wouldn't have been spared from bad taste jokes. Bad taste, it may be, but Hookes deserves a bit of it to be honest. Would the joke have been in bad taste if he hadn't died? Grow some guts man and have a laugh - I somehow doubt Hookes would mind if you think about it!! 8-)

Dicky Dickinson said:
I'm disappointed HDS, who I generally like very much, would make a gaaaag like that.
Whatever floats ya boat. That sort of line was never gonna impress everyone, but frankly the world would be a much poorer place if people weren't prepared to push the boundaries of decency and taste.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
ie > y TBH.

And
In my opinion (and based on what I've read and the result of the court case) his demise was his own fault
such as? Not read anything of it myself, and if you're right that changes things very much. But as I say - everything I heard pointed to it being unlawful killing.