• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

steds

Hall of Fame Member
If we get 2 or 3 quick wickets, I say we let Strauss audition for Harmison's place. Could kill 2 birds with one stone there.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If we get 2 or 3 quick wickets, I say we let Strauss audition for Harmison's place. Could kill 2 birds with one stone there.
Harmison audition for Strauss' place, don't'cha mean?

Well, actually, we could swap them - they've both been equally useless of late.

MSP on, meanwhile. And Smith beaten first ball YET AGAIN!!!!! And some turn next ball, too. Bets on a big haul for him?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Panesar's on after 12 overs. On a pitch that is offering as much help as our quicks could possibly want.

And nearly gets Smith twice in 2 balls :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't bowl half-volleys at Morton. But I can't see him lasting long against MSP, TBH. I'll happily accept a Greigy here, though.

Interestingly, this is likely to be the first time Vaughan has really captained MSP.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was just in a pub watching the game and left because, tbh, I was bored witless watching absolutely horrible bowlers competing against batsmen that dont appear to have any stomach for a match.

IMO, Harmy will go one of 2 ways during this test - he could continue to bowl someone of the biggest tripe it's been my misfortune to witness for years, pick up a few wickets and regain some confidence or he could do the same, get smashed (as he should) and disappear into oblivion.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
47 extras for Windies, 27 already for England, and Plunkers was lucky to get away with those two.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Well TBF Monty did play a big part in the Pakistan Test on this ground this year, but is only because of the dross being bowled (even Sideborrom is going at 4 an over) that he's on this early. And he's been hit for six..well if that is how they'll play him at least they're using those pieces of wood in their hand now...unlike Lord's...