• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
Poor performance by NZ

Fleming again showed his vulnerability against quality fast bowling at the start of an innings, Taylor again showed that he is not a good #3 because he falls cheaply if we loose an early wicket, and McMillan simply showed he is crap unless the game is a slugfest. Unfortunately we don't have any option other than to replace Marshall for Taylor, and that isn't going to happen. However, I would like to see Marshall brought in for McMillan.

Did Gillespie look rusty or did he just bowl bad lines?

You’ve got to give SL credit: they bowled well and batted patiently against Bond and Vettori.

Still think NZ will crush SA is a few days; they have a good record against Pollock and Ntini is out of form.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think everyone is over-reacting to this loss, we were beaten by the side that played better cricket on the day.

Dasgupta

School Boy/Girl Captain
Vettori and Fleming closing in on Parore and Astle's record of 19 ducks in ODIs. Vettori 18, Flem 17.
This is the reason why Astle retired btw, he didn't want to break Parore's record.

World record holder: Jayasuriya with 29

Last edited:

Isolator

State 12th Man
Things are going to get worse for NZ.

I wouldn't mind seeing them get annihilated, because I want Bracewell out.

Isolator

State 12th Man
:-O noooooooooo!!

McMillan is an IDIOT. I'm almost beginning to feel happy when he gets out these days.
However, Marshall is also an IDIOT, not in a bad way like McMillan, though. At this stage Marshall is probably a worse option. But if McMillan fails in the remaining super 8 games, then he's gotta go. Probably better off bringing in someone like Jeetan Patel to replace him.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Fleming again showed his vulnerability against quality fast bowling at the start of an innings, Taylor again showed that he is not a good #3 because he falls cheaply if we loose an early wicket, and McMillan simply showed he is crap unless the game is a slugfest. Unfortunately we don't have any option other than to replace Marshall for Taylor, and that isn't going to happen. However, I would like to see Marshall brought in for McMillan.

Did Gillespie look rusty or did he just bowl bad lines?

You’ve got to give SL credit: they bowled well and batted patiently against Bond and Vettori.

Still think NZ will crush SA is a few days; they have a good record against Pollock and Ntini is out of form.
Yes of course Taylor always gets out cheaply after an early wicket. Except for that time he scored 120 against Sri Lanka, and that time he scored 83 against Australia, and that other time he scored 117 against Australia...

Marshall is a crap one day player, and really shouldn't be in the carribean. As unreliable as Macca is he's the best we've got for the middle order spot.

Gillespie didn't really look totally match fit. It was a dumb idea to play him anyway. Everyone knows he can't bowl to left handers, because he's too focused on that monotonous line and length outside off stump, (which happens to be a leg stump half tracker to a lefty). He was also noticeably down on pace, barely cracking 130 most of the time. Bowled lots of decent yorkers in his second spell though...

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
In all honesty this loss was pretty depressing, as it quite clearly put into context how much better Sri Lanka is than us. We might well bounce back and beat South Africa in our next match, but having briefly hoped of something truly special from this team, I'm not back to the sad realisation that we won't win this World Cup.

On top of that, I'm now getting a horrible feeling of Deja Vu. All the talk of New Zealand having certainly qualified is reminding of the C&B series, and we somehow managed to miss out on the finals then as well.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
No offence Bahnz, but this kind of depressive, wrist-slitting melancholy you're displaying right now really pisses me off.

The fact is that we've just come off a nine game streak, a number of our batsmen have recently been in their best ever form, our strike bowler is generally regarded as the best at this tournament, our recent record against Sri Lanka is actually quite good, and we're still second on the Super Eights table.

The fact is that 15 of the teams in this World Cup are not going to win it, so I don't understand the abject depression over this loss when New Zealand is clearly one of the very best teams in the world right now. We still have an excellent chance to win the World Cup. Hopefully the players themselves have more stomach for a fight than some of the members posting in this forum.

Dasgupta

School Boy/Girl Captain
No offence Bahnz, but this kind of depressive, wrist-slitting melancholy you're displaying right now really pisses me off.

The fact is that we've just come off a nine game streak, a number of our batsmen have recently been in their best ever form, our strike bowler is generally regarded as the best at this tournament, our recent record against Sri Lanka is actually quite good, and we're still second on the Super Eights table.

The fact is that 15 of the teams in this World Cup are not going to win it, so I don't understand the abject depression over this loss when New Zealand is clearly one of the very best teams in the world right now. We still have an excellent chance to win the World Cup. Hopefully the players themselves have more stomach for a fight than some of the members posting in this forum.
I agree