• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has Richard recently accelerated his post count ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
i don't think we should talk about him behind his back....
:huh:

Pretty hard to do on a public forum.

I'm not saying he hasn't improved, but he does seem to follow Scaly around posting snide comments. God knows Scaly & I have had words in the past (see pretty much any football thread), but he's let it go, just wish Richo would too.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be fair, whilst I'm sure Richard will be an excellent staffer as his cricketing knowledge is superb, he has been banned once for accusing Barney Rubble (who must be about the nicest bloke on here) of being racist & he has (or had) a tendency to get in somewhat long-winded discussions that take threads miles off topic. If he became a mod it would be something of the poacher turned gamekeeper.
I wasn't around back then before and when he did get banned, so I was just commenting on my knowledge of him during his latest stint here in which I think he's a top bloke. But as you mentioned, he does have the habit of taking threads way off topic which is a shame, but always likely to happen when someone loves to argue the point like he does.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:huh:

Pretty hard to do on a public forum.

I'm not saying he hasn't improved, but he does seem to follow Scaly around posting snide comments. God knows Scaly & I have had words in the past (see pretty much any football thread), but he's let it go, just wish Richo would too.
Thing is I was ignoring him for all this time and he was still going on and on. Apart from it showing he's of pretty poor character why would CW want to associate itself with such behaviour by having him as a staff member? I know he sucks up to the staff now and has always been like that with James, but that doesn't stop him from being way out of order.

SpinnaInATurban

Cricket Spectator
Has Richard recently accelerated his post count ?

Yes, and it coincided with and was a direct result of.....my presence. :cool:

The guy hangs off my nuts almost as much as I do Afridi's.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thing is I was ignoring him for all this time and he was still going on and on. Apart from it showing he's of pretty poor character why would CW want to associate itself with such behaviour by having him as a staff member? I know he sucks up to the staff now and has always been like that with James, but that doesn't stop him from being way out of order.
I actually genuinely enjoy watching you get worked-up about stuff that you have no need whatsoever to get worked-up about, because you're wrong to believe it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This is what really baffles me - I just don't see how you can seriously believe he's let it go. He has been prejudiced against me in a manner no-one else has pretty well from post #1. I'm not going to simply let him throw potshots at me continuously.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
This is what really baffles me - I just don't see how you can seriously believe he's let it go. He has been prejudiced against me in a manner no-one else has pretty well from post #1. I'm not going to simply let him throw potshots at me continuously.
Like you have been prejudice against me? or at least that's what it looks like to me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
To be fair, whilst I'm sure Richard will be an excellent staffer as his cricketing knowledge is superb, he has been banned once for accusing Barney Rubble (who must be about the nicest bloke on here) of being racist & he has (or had) a tendency to get in somewhat long-winded discussions that take threads miles off topic. If he became a mod it would be something of the poacher turned gamekeeper.
I'm also rather surprised at you saying that - you were the one, after all, who summed up the Matt-Rich-racist situation best at the time, with that excellent pic of the storm in the teacup. It was nought but a misunderstanding, I never remotely intended to accuse him of racism and it's my deepest regret, bar none, of my time on here that I did offend such a generally superb guy who most certainly did not deserve what he thought I'd thrown his way.

But yes, if I ever became a mod it'd undoubtedly be a classic p-turned-g - and I'd forgive anyone for having misgivings if I assumed such a position, though Fitzsimmons, Goff and Towns have hardly proven 100% popular, either.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Like you have been prejudice against me? or at least that's what it looks like to me.
No, you are imagining that.

Richard just diagrees with everything you say because that's what he believes - he had the same ideas before you arrived. You just so happen to have the exact opposite stand to him on a lot of debatable issues.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not needed from Rodgie really, personally I don't feel that Richard brags about being a CW Staff Member.
TBH, CW Staff Membership is something I'm very proud of and I'd not be incredibly surprised if I did come off as a bit braggish about it. Can see why Rodgie would make such an accusation, though, certainly, as I did mention that I was Staff and he was not pretty recently...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, you are imagining that.

Richard just diagrees with everything you say but that's what he believes - he had the same ideas before you arrived. You just so happen to have the exact opposite stand to him on a lot of debatable issues.
Excellently put, and sounds better coming from someone other than myself.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just an observation I couldn't help make... For a long long time Marc used to run through 50 odd posts a day, but Richard was just not too long ago sitting on 20,000 posts. Today I couldn't help but notice , he has suddenly shot out to 29,000 odd posts... Marc seems to have lost his lead a little :laugh: , posting a tad fewer than at his furious pace...:laugh:

Has anyone else noticed this....:)

Any comments... I personally think its great Richard has joined as a moderator ... :) But why has Marc slowed off from his usual number of posts.... Will Richard catch him up sooner rather than later .... Any calculations on how many years it may take for Richard to Catch up with Marc... or will he never.....:blink: Lots of puzzling questions in my tiny brain ..:laugh:
As regards the actual original point, though... which seems to have been somewhat lost...

I don't think I've posted any more than usual since my latest comeback - indeed since *certain events* I've made a bit of an effort to cut-back on pointless posts having realised how monotonous it looks to certain worthwhile members to see 24 of the last 25 threads with last-post by me, not to mention seeing 14 posts in a row from me on one thread (though as this one demonstrates, IMO it's kinda unavoidable in certain circumstances).

Nonetheless, I've always posted loads - Sudeep once assured me I'd managed 1,400-and-something in a week, and I know for certain I once did over 400 in a single day. I always wish I'd never gone away (which I have 6 times now) whenever I come back and I hope that this time I'll not break the connection again.

Status
Not open for further replies.