• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6 sixes for Gibbs.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Was all fun and games. Will actually take the spotlight away from Bouchers even more destructive innings.

Anyway, $1000 000 to charity and a new record

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But Kallis and\or Boucher may have got out, and the next men in may have elected to take an over or 3 to get set, thereby taking the rate down to a "mere" 9.2-an-over, for instance.

Swervy

International Captain
But Kallis and\or Boucher may have got out, and the next men in may have elected to take an over or 3 to get set, thereby taking the rate down to a "mere" 9.2-an-over, for instance.
Well I reckon they would have got 'em. I reckon even Nel might have got a boundary or two:laugh:

haroon510

International 12th Man
i don't even consider this a record. it is only against a minow team.... if he would have done it against sorta of a stronger team then that is what i call record.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well you could strip the game of ODI status... would still be a WC game, obviously, but there's no way such games should be ODIs.

Swervy

International Captain
You were saying (accurately, IMO) that it was a joke game a minute ago... :huh:
I said that the hitting was a joke (in that it was so unbeleivable it was funny)... Boucher was smashing it big time and he did that against a serviceable county bowler like ten Doeschate.

My point is you still have to be hitting the ball well to be getting 6 6's in an over. I have seen bigger mismatches on the bowling/batting department and not seen 36 in an over before (well not live anyway, having seen footage of the Sobers thing)