• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hafeez reported to the ICC for chucking

Deja moo

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
Why would that be strange?
Because there had been 19 posts before yours and there wasnt even a hint of that sort of suggestion from any of the Pakistani posters. But you come in and try to stir things up.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Because there had been 19 posts before yours and there wasnt even a hint of that sort of suggestion from any of the Pakistani posters. But you come in and try to stir things up.
I'm not really trying to stir anything up, just noting that, like when a subcontinent player is fined by the match referee for something, there is likely to be claims of bias from someone on these boards.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hafeez reported to the ICC for chucking

Maybe a good idea for ICC to stand as the umpire for all matches henceforth :sleep:

bryce

International Regular
i'm a little confused, does this mean he cannot bowl anymore until his action has been cleared?
or does it mean he can bowl until the icc have done extensive testing on his action and only when the testing is complete can a decision be made?

telsor

U19 12th Man
He can bowl for 6 weeks while his action is worked on. After that, he's allowed to bowl again. If reported again, pretty much the same thing happens ( somewhat longer/tougher), third time the ICC backs down and changes the rules to allow the action.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
telsor said:
He can bowl for 6 weeks while his action is worked on. After that, he's allowed to bowl again. If reported again, pretty much the same thing happens ( somewhat longer/tougher), third time the ICC backs down and changes the rules to allow the action.
:gora:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
wahindiawah said:
Even their medium pacers have dodgy action , an example being of Riaz Afridi.

You might see an odd example of a chucker in other countries, but as far as Pakistan are concerned nearly 80 percent of their bowlers happen to be chuckers. SHAME REALLY!
You're a disgrace. Not only to Indian cricket fans, but to everyone.

thierry henry

International Coach
But he's right. Riaz Afridi is one of the most blatant chuckers you'll ever see. He's right up there with Michael Lewis from Australia A- luckily for him he'll probably never make the Australian team, but I still think it's crazy that he's going around in Australian domestic cricket with that action.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
From Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Shaharyar Khan:"...our young bowlers tend to copy bowlers who are extremely successful on the international circuit."

Hmmm. Wonder who he can mean, eh? 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
telsor said:
SJS said:
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
would be a more appropriate reaction.
How on Earth anyone can seriously delude themselves that the realisation that the old rules were ridiculous was a bad thing is totally beyond me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
From Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Shaharyar Khan:"...our young bowlers tend to copy bowlers who are extremely successful on the international circuit."

Hmmm. Wonder who he can mean, eh? 8-)
Yet no-one has ever had a problem with Saqlain - but Hafeez and Malik (who've both admitted to modelling themselves on him) both clearly have problems.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
It happens to the best of us.

On topic though... I suppose this means that Yasir Hameed will play the next game then, as they seemed to be playing Hafeez because they were unwilling to bowl Shoaib Malik. Now both are in the same boat.

Alternatively, they could bring Younis Khan in and pray over his legbreaks.
They've got to be doing so much praying over his batting they can't possibly ask for anything more.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
SpaceMonkey said:
Pakistan will struggle for off spinners at this rate :)
All the more reason to get Saqqie back in the mix ASAP... then watch as he gets shot down for being a chucker after he mauls Australia...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
SpaceMonkey said:
You have to wonder if the Pakistan coaching infestructure actually watches its young cricketers play. How 2 players can make it to the international side then get pulled up is astonishing.
Either they are ok in domestic cricket and just suddenly change their action when the pressures on in international games, or coaches just arent good enough to spot the problems, or spot them but dont do anything about it.
It really is quite crazy.
And totally thoughtless for the career prospects of young spinners.
I can't imagine what it's like to be cited as a chucker... must feel like sh it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Precisely - if you use the old ideals, everyone does chuck (well, so far no-one's noticed Ramnaresh Sarwan - but I find it inconceivable that he doesn't sometimes like everyone else).
Which is all the more reason why it's so excellent that we've found-out that those old ideals were false.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
What came from this? Couldn't help but think that it looked iffy on today's viewing (first time I've seen him bowl close-up).