• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

Evermind

International Debutant
Pak 100-8.

Having already lost Akhtar to injury for all imp WC (he's out of cup coz of knee injury), these sorts of performance are further going to create panic in Pak camp. Most of their fasts bowlers are injured, their batsmen are struggling badly and they have no clue as to what should be the opening batsmen for the all important WC.

I think pak is the only team that seems to be in total mess going into the 2007 WC.
If Pakistan played India right now, they'd still beat the living s*** out of them. They beat SA at home in an ODI, while India didn't look like they could've come close to winning one even if they had been batting 22 players, on their last tour.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Ha, strange series one minute one side trashes one then roles are reversed. Thats interesting given that they are 2nd & 3rd in the world respectively.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Seems like winning has got more to do with conditions than actually batting and bowling. Nice win for us, though.

Beleg

International Regular
That was an embarassment. :|

Inzy once again the lone hand as the whole team crumbled around him.

FRAZ

International Captain
Well well well ~ I mean it's like 1.3 million times I have seen Pakistani upper order falling down like a house of cards . I don't know what the heck is their problem . Why do they choke like this too often? Open the history book of any good compitition that Pakistan has played ,Even though Pakistan has won many ODI tournaments but still atleast 1 or 2 matches were those when they were completely thrashed . Why it is so common to see Pakistan being thrashed like this ?

Doctor D

Cricket Spectator
True...but... awhile ago you could have said that about SA and futher back the english...we are getting back into form slowly but surely but for how long before it happens to SA again but the point is: is the icc pressing the teams into to many serious and stressful games and thats maybe why world class cricket is not world class cricket anymore...i think we need more 20/20 games look how is boosted the batting, bowling and morel of our team they are much more confedent....does that make sens?

shortpitched713

International Captain
Easily worse than the loss in the first match. Total humilitaion at the hands of the Saffers, and I'm not sure we'll be able to recover from a loss like this.

Also, regarding our injury woes, why don't we just throw our fast bowlers into giant blenders between matches? It would be much safer than whatever methods we're using right now.

FRAZ

International Captain
True...but... awhile ago you could have said that about SA and futher back the english...we are getting back into form slowly but surely but for how long before it happens to SA again but the point is: is the icc pressing the teams into to many serious and stressful games and thats maybe why world class cricket is not world class cricket anymore...i think we need more 20/20 games look how is boosted the batting, bowling and morel of our team they are much more confedent....does that make sens?
20/20 is a peril and it is operating with a full force .This peril may cause potential injuries to the players. It's a fast paced game and it is a disaster tbvh . I never advocated 20/20 but for me the original ODI setup gotta be re-arranged and the format should be of 40 overs each side . 20/20 will not only generate more and more technical flaws but also it is quite a stamina requiring game .