• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Good, you better rest your case, thank God.

Anyways, I like this Evermind fella' he has made some valid points.

Anyways, check this article I read on Times Of India...

After the disappointing 2-1 Test series defeat to South Africa, more embarrassment seems to be in store for India as Cricket South Africa is planning to send a bill claiming recovery for the damages done by the tourists during celebrations of the Wanderers win in the dressing room.

It is learnt that Gauteng Cricket Association (GCA), the host body, is moving their parent body CSA to seek compensation from the BCCI for the damages done by the players in the dressing room while celebrating their first Test win.

As champagne was sprayed and cakes were thrown around with gay abandon, the visitors' dressing room at the Wanderers bore little resemblance to the tidy place that had been handed over to the team for the first Test from December 15-19. The "most damaged" part of the dressing room was the ceiling and the carpet which had "permanent stains" and could not be removed. Gauteng Board first tried to get things in order, but after the dry-cleaners and chemical experts threw their hands up in desperation they moved the CSA.

The Indian dressing room was a sight to behold. As celebrations grew wilder and became uncontrollable, coach Greg Chappell and media manager Rajan Nair were drenched by the champagne and wine poured on them. Most overjoyed of the lot was Virender Sehwag, even as Sachin Tendulkar had cautioned that they might not again be welcomed in the dressing room for the mess they were causing to the place. It was not given any serious thought and Sehwag chirped: "Who knows when next we come to the Wanderers and if ever we would win here again."

In case, the BCCI receives a bill claiming the loss of property in the dressing room, it remains to be seen whether the BCCI perceives it only as an extension of the win and gladly foots the bill or asks the players to cough up for the damages.

The best part is Sachin trying to calm them down, and Sehwag (who did nothing) celebrating the most...

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Turd, it's about time you win the Skull mate, quality..........

I've seent that photo a fair few times, but gets funnier everytime.

Evermind

International Debutant
Its the physiology too. Its harder to find tall well built people in India than it is in many other countries, including Pakistan Punjab. As SJS mentioned in another thread, every Pakistani fast bowler to have taken over 100 test wickets has been from the same area.

We need to work harder than they do, to find the same talent.
But what about Sri Lanka? They're not a very large people, are they? Just look at their fast bowlers: they outwardly resemble the standard south-indian stock you find in India, and genetic tests prove that the Sinhalese race is in fact an intermixing of various Indian and indigenous tribes and race. Yet, they're able to produce quick, quality fast bowlers. India has a very varied gene-pool and there should be no reason for such a dearth of bowling talent physiologically.

Shahadat Hossain of Bangladesh I reckon will be outstripping the Indian pacers pretty soon.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Same, actually, I've only ever had 3 :mellow:

You?
Umm, I think 6 or 7, didn't keep track but kind of roughly checked when Pasag posted all the awards threads a a few weeks ago.

But they've mostly been Greig, Agarkar, Gatting etc ... won Warne once.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Good summary ! Agreed 100% Just look at the sycophants on this forum. amazing - our capacity to not only digest, but defend and applaud MEDICORITY ! For starters:

drop tendulkar !! NOW !
Mate, agreeing with a quality poster does not make you a quality poster. You are still just a tool and nothing else.

adharcric

International Coach
Evermind said:
Thanks for the welcome people. After the BBC shut down its TMS forums, there's just the crappy 606 left, and there's pretty much no action there.
Welcome to CW mate, you'll get plenty of action here.
Evermind said:
As for Tendulkar, I agree that he's been woeful lately. But if India drop him, who do they have? Who's gonna bat, build an innings with Dravid: Sehwag? Dhoni? Kaif? Don't make me laugh. Dhoni does his job, but Sehwag is WAY WAY WAY past his expiry date. His body language, his performance, his attitude...everything's screaming for a drop. He's become the Afridi of India: 1 good innings to 25 failures. At least with Tendulkar, you know that he was world class and that he's obviously TRYING. I could see that it was painful to him, that batting performance, he was trying his best to hang in there, he was not happy with what he was doing. But Sehwag didn't even bother - Boycott's mum could've shown more application. I'd say give Tendulkar a few more chances, see if he comes good - at least till the team has more dependable youngsters to carry the mantle.
Sehwag is clearly begging to be dropped and I think the selectors will finally make the move this time. As for replacements, we have plenty of guys in domestic cricket who are athletic fielders and talented batsmen. Badrinath and Sharma are the two most likely to do well since they have excelled in Australia as well. Don't give up. :)
Evermind said:
I'm just upset because it's the first time I've watched cricket since the 2003 world cup (yeah, it's been that long) and I'm paying premium money per month to subscribe to the cricket channel in this country, and supporting India for this series and England for the Ashes hasn't exactly made the sun shine brighter. The last time I got real disgusted with Indiad's suicidal "We'll bowl first at the world cup final cause we're the best team on earth to deal with pressure, especially while chasing, go punter let's see what you can do...................ARG 359 MOMMY HELP PLS". Good to know that nothing has changed.
Haha, let me give you some advice to start with. Don't pay the big bucks to watch Indian cricket ... I learned the hard way and realized how ******** I felt after paying all that to watch them get thrashed. Stay passionate but don't throw away the money. There are cheaper alternatives.
Evermind said:
As for India bowling better than England during the Ashes...are we watching the same series, man? Panesar was on the money most of the time, and Hoggard was bowling better than any Indian seamer has since Kapil Dev (please don't bring up Javagal-"I'm still bowling too short, about 8 years into my career"-Srinath). The fact is that Australia are just that good a team. England's cricket was on par with SA's, I'd say, during this series. I think those two teams are about level.
Now you're wrong there. India bowled very well in this series and I really pity guys like Sreesanth, Zaheer and Kumble, who finally excel outside the subcontinent and still get let down by our "famed" batsmen. Disgraceful. We still have a long way to go in the pace department but the quality is definitely improving (rapidly IMO). They just need to be groomed properly and their fitness needs to be monitored. Munaf is horrendous.
Evermind said:
What I don't understand is how the PCB - about as corrupt and incompetent as the BCCI - still manages to get some pace bowling talent in. Sri Lanka have some excellent pace bowlers coming up - and they're quick! What's wrong with India?
During the partition, they got lucky with all the quality bowlers in Punjab (Wasim, Imran, Waqar) and all we had was VRV.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
But what about Sri Lanka? They're not a very large people, are they? Just look at their fast bowlers: they outwardly resemble the standard south-indian stock you find in India, and genetic tests prove that the Sinhalese race is in fact an intermixing of various Indian and indigenous tribes and race. Yet, they're able to produce quick, quality fast bowlers. India has a very varied gene-pool and there should be no reason for such a dearth of bowling talent physiologically.

Shahadat Hossain of Bangladesh I reckon will be outstripping the Indian pacers pretty soon.
Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure either. We have actually produced some pacy bowlers of late (VRV, Munaf) who have managed to lose pace due to fitness. Pretty much, we got screwed. Let's hope the next one doesn't **** up. Sreesanth is definitely a plus. Zaheer is only good by our standards. Munaf will only be effective if he raises the pace again.

Ishant Sharma seems great but I don't see that express pace bowler coming through. Abid Nabi was one hopeful who was actually athletic but he isn't taking too many wickets now.

Last edited:

viktor

State Vice-Captain

And who are these "quality" fast bowlers from SL that you mention?