• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground

pasag

RTDAS
Great day of cricket, loads of fun, the English bowled well, Warne was amazing, KP stood his ground like the fine player he is and the Australian's bowling awesomely and tomorrow we have the dream send off scenario with Langer being not-out as Australia chase an small yet slightly awkward total.

Craig

World Traveller
Nah somehow we will see a repeat of the Australia v South Africa Test at Sydney in 93/94.

Last edited:

Laurrz

International Debutant
great stumping Gilly!!

how good was Pontings field placings today :o .. especially with KP with the two ppl who would stop him from walking down the pitch... and also with Colly a 7-2 field.. no fine leg... of course only McGrath could bowl to a field like that.. like the olden days :D
and i liked how a lot of the time there was no fielder on the fence..they were all in a bit..

haha @ the aussies having a lot of chat to Colly while he was at the crease :D

SARFRAZ for MOTS

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah somehow we will see a repeat of the Australia v South Africa Test at Sydney in 03/04.
:blink:

Either you mean Australia v India 03/04 (Steve Waugh's last match) which had nothing in common with this test match....

or you mean, Australia v South Africa 2005/2006, where Smith declared after a 1st innings lead and Ponting gunned it with his 2nd Century of the match ???

Son Of Coco

Tbf, it is fairly ignorant to not know, especially when there's been a thread in CC in the last week mentioning it.
It would be hard for an australian to know that, our players don't receive national honours for winning the Ashes (or scoring 7, as Warney pointed out)

Johnners

It would be hard for an australian to know that, our players don't receive national honours for winning the Ashes (or scoring 7, as Warney pointed out)
more to the point, it's not hard to use google instead of what was effectively spamming :dry:

Craig

World Traveller
:blink:

Either you mean Australia v India 03/04 (Steve Waugh's last match) which had nothing in common with this test match....

or you mean, Australia v South Africa 2005/2006, where Smith declared after a 1st innings lead and Ponting gunned it with his 2nd Century of the match ???
Actually I was supposed to type 1993/94. Clearly I didn't check my error.