• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 World Cup

Armsty

Cricket Spectator
Just watching the cricket, apparently the ICC have or are organising a Twenty20 world cup for August or there abouts.

The crowds will be amazing. It will be one of the greatest things that will happen to cricket. Well, that's what I believe.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The crowds will be amazing, no doubt about that but to say that it will be one of the greatest things to happen to cricket is a bit of an overstatement I feel. It will bring more people to the games and attract a larger audience but it will also give cricket a feeling of "corporisation" if that's even a word, meaning that the businesses will be licking their lips at the amount of advertising they can do, much like when ODI cricket was first introduced. No doubt that the Twenty20 World Cup will be big, but I think you are building it up a little too much.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
The crowds will be, no doubt amazing, and this might also gather a huge following for cricket that wasn't there before. However, I agree with Perm that to say that it will be one of the greatest things to happen to cricket is an overstatement.

20/20s are for entertainment, let's just leave it at that.

Stumped

Banned
i think its all a bit silly i reckon 20/20 will fade out its all fun and games now but i think 20/20 wont be around for too long

LA ICE-E

State Captain
i think its all a bit silly i reckon 20/20 will fade out its all fun and games now but i think 20/20 wont be around for too long
thats what they said when odi came out.....its going to be amazing but odi world cup is still going to be the main thing so people from places where its not popular yet aren't going to get that much crowd.....and i dont agree with who ever said its going to help advertisers because its too short...odi gives advertisers enough time....20/20 doesn't have long breaks....its quick but maximam cricket in 3 hours...so not enough time to advertise as much as odi's

Stumped

Banned
thats what they said when odi came out.....its going to be amazing but odi world cup is still going to be the main thing so people from places where its not popular yet aren't going to get that much crowd.....and i dont agree with who ever said its going to help advertisers because its too short...odi gives advertisers enough time....20/20 doesn't have long breaks....its quick but maximam cricket in 3 hours...so not enough time to advertise as much as odi's
it shouldnt be about the advertisement, its about the cricket.

Stumped

Banned
no there not. first one is self explainitry, second was in reaply to someone elses quote and the third one backs up wat my first post was....i dont quite see where ur coming from

luffy

International Captain
no there not. first one is self explainitry, second was in reaply to someone elses quote and the third one backs up wat my first post was....i dont quite see where ur coming from
Your 2nd post you were talking about the Advertising in the 20/20 matches and in the 1st one you bassically said it's just fun and games and in the 3rd post you said after i said it won't be too competitive, you said that's what i said. If you think about it all those post say different views.

Stumped

Banned
im thinking long and hard but i dont see how there different, Yes the second post is about advertising, my first one is about how it is fun and games and my third one is agreeing with wat u said:) ...i still dont see where ur coming from

luffy

International Captain
im thinking long and hard but i dont see how there different, Yes the second post is about advertising, my first one is about how it is fun and games and my third one is agreeing with wat u said:) ...i still dont see where ur coming from
Ok, i give up.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The crowds will be, no doubt amazing, and this might also gather a huge following for cricket that wasn't there before. However, I agree with Perm that to say that it will be one of the greatest things to happen to cricket is an overstatement.

20/20s are for entertainment, let's just leave it at that.

Then it follows that it might also be one of the greatest things to happen to cricket.