• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stick Cricket

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
I've been playing a bit on stickcricket.com and I have no idea of how to play the spinners.
I smash the fast bowlers around but I have had a tendency to be caught at midwicket/mid on or bowled off the slow/medium bowlers. Usually my innings consists of a huge partnership in the top order, before the rest of the batsmen are blasted out for single digit scores...
Anyone got any tips?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jnr. said:
I've been playing a bit on stickcricket.com and I have no idea of how to play the spinners.
I smash the fast bowlers around but I have had a tendency to be caught at midwicket/mid on or bowled off the slow/medium bowlers. Usually my innings consists of a huge partnership in the top order, before the rest of the batsmen are blasted out for single digit scores...
Anyone got any tips?
Wait a bit longer before you hit the shot, if you go too early the game usually pauses slightly then you get caught. I have the most problems with that annoying delivery that looks like it's going straight then ends up being outside off stump and the pull shot swings at fresh air... those dots really knacker the scoring rate. Also am I the only one that barely uses the up key (the one that defends the ball if it's short, only use it against the spinner usually)?

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Well I thought I got the hang of playing spinners...but then I came up against legspinning Chandana/offspinning Jayasuriya in the Semi-Final match and promptly collapsed, losing 8/not many - 6 of which went to Chandana. I can't read him at all.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Can't help with spinners (although I did slog Utseya for a fair few recently) - but this must be a contender for fastest fifty? Sanath Jayasuriya required only nine balls to smack Darren Gough around...

Edit: And he made 93*, too.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
At one stage I was getting the hold of this game awesome...now for some reason im terrible again:( I never use the up key but that used to work heaps against pace...now I just get caught a lot... can anyone help me here?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr. P said:
At one stage I was getting the hold of this game awesome...now for some reason im terrible again:( I never use the up key but that used to work heaps against pace...now I just get caught a lot... can anyone help me here?
I keep hitting the first 5 overs for 110+ then the game starts to get jerky and makes the spinner impossible to hit

Son of Coco - read the thread from the start

straw

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Tres scores a magnificent century to guide England to a great win over the Lankans

straw

Samuel_Vimes said:
Good stuff that...smacking Chandana for six deserves a thumbs-up :)
Thanks

hitting centuries is great but i can't seem to beat the aussies which makes scoring centuries pointless

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
But i beat them in the group stage with USA :)

and beat NZ and Sri Lanka to play South Africa in the final

And a win in the final (South Africa are easy, they have no spinners even Nicky Boje is medium pace) :)

Last edited:

straw

Trescothick loves those Sri Lankans by getting another century.

You can see how delighted he was by doing his trademark celebration.

Mr. P

Its got to a point where I start out great scoring 110-120 off the first 5 overs (1 or 2 down), then the spinners come on and I crumble to about 140 all out.:( *hides*

I need tips for the spinners! Anyone?

DJellett

International Debutant
Yeah I lost to Zimbabwe - chasing 120, was 1/101 after 5 overs, then all out for 117 in the next 3 overs becuase of the spinners.

Mr. P

Otieno just reched 50 in 11 balls...quite happy with that...he finished on 60, currently im 66/2.