• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

EA Sports Cricket 2006

djwolf

Cricket Spectator
Yeah, at least EA are brave enough to make cricket games. I have to say I still really enjoy playing C2004, even bowling unlike all previous games.

Michael Clarke

Cricket Spectator
Ummm, people, EA dont make the game, they just publish it. I would like to see realtime wear of the pitch... And the batsmen should actually hold onto the bat properly, because the bat physics in the other games sucks.... yah thats about it 4 now.

veeru300

Cricket Spectator
I would rather have balls swing more...actually much much more....the games developed so far show nothing about ball dynamics and also the seam movement of ball should be more....even though it did seam aroung on green and damp pitches in cricket 2004....it should continue for some more overs. maual fielding should be more accessilble and more fun. Also the pull shot is neglectes and the cut shot ahould be improved. Drives are fine for now. Sixes should be hard to hit.

veeru300

Cricket Spectator
I reallyy don`t care much about the looks and the graphics and the stats and the replays etc etc. i think the first and foremost aspect of any video game is the gameplay and I think a lot of work needs to be done to keep the gameplay of cricket in EA sports titles realistic ...as for that matter any cricket game to date. Slog overs are different from others overs so are the overs with fielding restrictions and so are the other overs.
You cannot score at 8 runs an over in a test match.
These basic things should be corrected first.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Good A.I. - not too hard, not too easy, not exploitable.

Career mode and alot of the features of the Cricket captain series.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I reckon there should be a section where you get to take on the career of one player. You may start out in grade cricket or whatever, and you have to build up experience, skills etc. Perhaps you may start out with 10 skill points and you can allocate those to either batting or bowling or 5 each if you want to be an allrounder. Then when you play a game, if you are a batsman, you are insterted into where you bat. Say your captain has you at 6, you might come in when it is 4/67 or 4/206 and you get an instruction from your captain to either play aggressively or defensively. Through your performances you build up certain abilities on different types of surfaces. The same could be done with bowling, your captain asks you to bowl in the 13th over or maybe later if you are a spinner, your job may be to contain runs or take wickets, again you gain experience points for this. Slowly you build your way up to be a test player of whatever. Might take a while, but it would add a great experience to the game.

farcar

Cricket Spectator
I think we all need to face the fact that most past cricket games have been utter crap.
Developers seem to have got their priorities completely wrong in terms of conventrating on what makes a good cricket game.
Apart from the fact that past games were obviously very rushed, the developers have been way too caught up applying official licences, recording commentary, making real grounds etc rather than making a solid game. If I was in charge of the development team for one of the new cricket games, I'd give them these priorities:

If the devlopers can make a solid physics engine, the first half of the battle has been won. I suppose this is mainly interpreting the laws of physics, how gravity works etc.
Then, they need to decide how objects interact with the physics engine (ball hitting bat, ball bouncing on pitch or outfield, how much throws from the outfield travel through the air, fielders sliding along grass etc), and importantly how the use will control these events. The biggest challenge for them.

The main part of the second half of the battle would be implementing AI. Trying to give computer controlled players common sense running between the wickets, which end the fielders throw to and CPU team strategies, correct umpiring decisions etc. Again a bloody hard task for a cricket game considering the complexities of the sport.

The remainder of the battle is implementing a solid graphics engine to accommodate the above. Motion capture, lighting, textures etc.

After the main battle has been won and you've have a few celebratory beers, you then go back and tweak the graphics engine (different batting/bowling styles) implement statistics calculations, negotiate licensing for authentic players and equipment, weather effects, detailed stadiums, batsmen century cutscenes, crowd chants, animated streakers and whatever other garbage you have time to add.

Of course this may be completely unrealistic, as I know solid gameplay does not necessarily sell games and gloss and aesthetics can (FIFA always outsells PES for instance).

Oh well, there's my two bob.

Michael Clarke

Cricket Spectator
I want to be able to make a custom tournament out of custom players, and make custom teams to play in those tournaments. Yeah, just a random idea i thought of.

Michael Clarke

Cricket Spectator
ahh yeah, I would also like to clarify that the game is going to be called Cricket 2005.Quote from the HB Studios website: "After that, look for Cricket 2005 later in the year!" and the poll on easports.com.au asks what game your are most looking forward to and one of the options is Cricket 2005...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Michael Clarke said:
ahh yeah, I would also like to clarify that the game is going to be called Cricket 2005.Quote from the HB Studios website: "After that, look for Cricket 2005 later in the year!" and the poll on easports.com.au asks what game your are most looking forward to and one of the options is Cricket 2005...
Hopefully that will make them put more effort into the game, but somehow I doubt it.

Triple Crown

Cricket Spectator
In case no one's mentioned it, the release date is May 2005, in time for the English season. Got the info from one of the local computer game outlets.

twctopcat

International Regular
Triple Crown said:
In case no one's mentioned it, the release date is May 2005, in time for the English season. Got the info from one of the local computer game outlets.
That soon??? If that's the case it won't be much of an improvement i expect. Is there a url for that??

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah if its that soon, i dont think we will see much improvements...just some graphical improvements and maybe a bit of gameplay...pitty :(

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
The captains need to do more, you should see the toss. You should be able to tour individual countries not just regions. Drinks, the ICC Champions Trophy. Man of the match and a proper form guide.

You should be able to pick the players height, weight and average bowling speed

Michael Clarke

Cricket Spectator
PHYSICS PHYSICS PHYSICS. I dont want 2 be playing a game that looks like it has been compiled by a 3 year old. All of the physics in the other games have been very pathetic. Hope 2 c an inprovement in this version, but i reckon i will be waiting till cricket 2006.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
BIG NEWS!!!!

I got a little preview of the game sent to me personally by EA sports. I signed up for it at the EA website a few months ago, and I got it! It lived up to my expectations, considering the improvements they've made with cricket 2004. I guess I'm very lucky.

Front cover:

This is actually better than the improvement on 2002.

At the back, it had a few 'comparisons' where it showed a picture of 2004, then with the revolutionary new Cricinfo image game engine©:

More to come. Something's a tad iffy about this, but I can't put my finger on it...
:mellow:

Last edited:

zifajee

Cricket Spectator
Blackcap fan.

your informations regarding to Cricket2005 does not seems to me true.If so kindly send the email attachment which proves it.Also bear in mind that it is cricket2005 not 2006 and according to many website is expected to release in june with Blic.