• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International cricket captain

rahuloof

Cricket Spectator
the new cricket captain game is about to launch and its my favorite cricket game because it is ment for true cricket fan and its one of best cricket management game

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Theres been no indication of when a new ICC version might launch, I wouldn't read into anything that the original poster has mentioned.

bryce

International Regular
Lol yeah I heard 6 months at least...
Anyone here play online? I'm right back into it now, got a 2012 team if anyone interested in playing

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I go onto the server occasionally, haven't played for a few months though. Whats your team's name Bryce?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
No - well not immediately anyway - as far as I know nothing official has been released about when a new game might come out and the poster who started this topic has nothing to back up his claim. I'm sure a new version will come out at some point, perhaps midway through the year but thats only speculation. Theres usually an official notification of when a new game is due to be released so I wouldn't worry until then.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought these comments, taken from the official International Cricket Captain facebook page, may interest some:
"I've just been playing the 2010 game while watching the World Cup. I'm a complete convert to T20 cricket. I used to think it was too short to show any real skill, but the best bowlers are still the best, and scoring at these run rates requires incredible talent (and some luck). The T20 balance in this year's game feels... just right. Match engine is tweaked to perfection. Chris."

"It will be in the shops at the end of June, but we're hoping to release on-line a bit earlier. PSP and iPhone versions in development as well."

"Fully featured trial will be released with the game. You can download the game and play it for a day or two before you have to pay to keep playing."

"The plan is that it will be on shelves at the end of June, digitally a couple of weeks before then."

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, we'll see - it wouldn't be the first time if you're right though. I'll try and keep you posted if I hear anything more permanent about the release date.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Due out in a few days apparently. New features, ats....

Revamp of transfer system
Better sorting of players
Australian State Teams
SR% column in batting card on screen
Hawkeye made to show bits (like UDRS)
Overs shows on highlights replay
Scorecards look linier!
New background picture

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
The Australian state teams isn't a make or break feature for me personally, but I admit its a nice addition. I'd be very interested to see what the transfer system is like, and whether they've managed to sort out how the IPL, Champions League, etc. fits into the game (or if they've ommited them). The T20 match engine was also average IMO on the 2009 game so we'll see what thats like in this new version. Also will Phil Hughes be Bradmanesque again...?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Phil Hughes won't be Bradmanesque in this game. Pretty sure they'd have tweaked the T20 engine.

My question is, how will the Australian contract system work? Because it's far different to the English one.

Jakester1288

International Regular
So keen for this. Having Hughes realistic, Aussie state teams, and a better T20 match engine is enough to have me excited about this game.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Complete crap that it has been over 10 years since Australian Cricket Captain (which was such a fantastic game) for Childish Things/Empire Interactive to offer a domestic mode outside of England.

The original ICC and ACC were such terrific games; it is amazing that the series hasn't really progressed over the past decade. I would happily sacrifice the dog ugly "3D" graphics engine if it meant all development time was placed into creating a slick/smooth game interface, and providing the options that fans have always craved (i.e domestic competitions, more statistics, and more management options).

I hope International Cricket Captain 2010 is a real turning point in the series.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
The original ICC and ACC were such terrific games; it is amazing that the series hasn't really progressed over the past decade. I would happily sacrifice the dog ugly "3D" graphics engine if it meant all development time was placed into creating a slick/smooth game interface, and providing the options that fans have always craved (i.e domestic competitions, more statistics, and more management options).
I agree. The 3D graphics are no big drawcard for me since I tend to play with minimal or no highlights on anyway. The old graphics engine was adequate and I still play ICC 2002 at times with those limited graphics, and am satisfied.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I agree. The 3D graphics are no big drawcard for me since I tend to play with minimal or no highlights on anyway. The old graphics engine was adequate and I still play ICC 2002 at times with those limited graphics, and am satisfied.
For me, the first option I take upon opening up an ICC09 save is to turn the highlights off (and I imagine for the vast majority of users they are the same). The old 2D engine was perfect for those occasions you felt like following the game; it actually looked far more realistic than the current reincarnation.

The series definitely peaked at ICC 2002. Very well made game.