• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brian Lara Cricket 99 / Shane Warne Cricket 99 - Hints and Tips

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
For test matches put close in fielders - as in really close and use a leg spinner and make him bowl a little bit right of the foot of the batsmen - now since you have about 4 fielders close in the batsmen goes for a sweep and gets caught

works most of the time , sometimes the batsmen get clever and dont hit there for a whilke but eventaully will got zim 19/all out

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
If you are England get Phil Tuffnell to bowl and put close fielders all around the bat. Bowl a leg stump line, make the batter sweep, and one of the close catchers will have him. Simple!

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Bowling tips

well.....if ur bowling to a left hander, bring on a quickie,
bowl him over the wicket if he's left arm or around the wicket if he's right arm, so that the angle of the ball is coming into the batsman. Now pitch it approximately at the creas and between bat and pad, 95% chances are he'll miss it completely ! I have had quite some success ;)

As well pepper a few short pitched deliveries, then if you bowl a yorker on the off stump, right handers ussually dont connect.

Leggies as defined already by LOD....its the neatest 'trick' :D

Isn't it amazing that while batting you can straight drive almost any ball ? I mean it makes the game far too easy, also I enjoyed 'sweep-sixing' the pace bowlers in this game chepa runs really ! ....whats your highest score in 50 overs ? I got 477 :baddevil: :D

[Edited on 14/11/2002 by Gotchya]

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i got 4/511 in 50 overs with England.
I usually play test matches though, my highest is AO 1230. Mark Taylor carrying the bat with 671* off about 700 balls.

Simon

has anyone managed to play a one day test match on the game yet? i did it a few days ago, i won the toos and batted, declared at 2/19 off 1 over. then bowled the compute out for 28, then i batted and got 3/dec/90 off 5 overs. then bowled them out for 50. it was over before tea on day 1. game was England v New Zealand.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by broncoman
i got 4/511 in 50 overs with England.
I usually play test matches though, my highest is AO 1230. Mark Taylor carrying the bat with 671* off about 700 balls.
In BLC I got Andy Flower up to 315...but I've never been bothered to play an entire Test or 50 Over ODI...especially when scoring runs is so easy...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I've allways found the straight drive thing odd...once you work out which shots work all the time like the lofted on-drive then the game gets a bit boring...

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Hey,

This is just to inform you..

There's a forum called 'Cricket Gaming Zone' under the 'Hosted Sites' category of this CricketWeb forum.

There you'll find threads to post your BLC/SWC and Cricket 2002 records. You can make use of that.

Simon

hey guys i got a game going now im 4/900, so im on target to break my record. When i have finished the innings ill post a screen shot. Im playing on PS so im not sure how the screen shot will look.

Simon

easy, just record the scorecard onto a video tape where my playstation is hooked up, then play it through the VCR and TV thats next to the computer and use a video capture card to save the image onto the computer.

Simon

probably not, but i havent done it before and want to see if it works properlly, besides its not that much work to do it.

Simon

this is the scorecard here from my game.
hmm the attatchment didnt work.

[Edited on 10/12/2002 by broncoman]

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
We belive ya Bronco nontheless ;)

My BL99 has gone very very buggy :(!

I am playing it on the pc but stupid things have staretd happening :
1 While bowling, sometimes the ball just rolls out into the field and the no one tries to pick it up and the game does a sort of running hang up !

2 The batsmen running, one of them runs while the other one refuses to do so ! ala inzi :lol:

What the hell is the problem ??? It worked fine previously ? T_C ? help !

V Reddy

International Debutant
Gotchya said:
We belive ya Bronco nontheless ;)

My BL99 has gone very very buggy :(!

I am playing it on the pc but stupid things have staretd happening :
1 While bowling, sometimes the ball just rolls out into the field and the no one tries to pick it up and the game does a sort of running hang up !

2 The batsmen running, one of them runs while the other one refuses to do so ! ala inzi :lol:

What the hell is the problem ??? It worked fine previously ? T_C ? help !
The 1st problem happ. to me also. If you happ. to watch carefully the bowler slowly goes to pick up the ball. If the ball is near the boundary then it takes some time. It mostly happ. when there is a direct hit and the umpire turns it down.