• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2009 Features

Which game feature would you like to see in 2009???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

analyst

U19 12th Man
I would like to see the star players of respective teams actually performing- eg Pietersen on the 2006 game being absolutely dire even though he was the face that modelled the game. Also I would like more advanced options for the captain, it seems quite limited atm.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Imagine how good it would be if they had the Australian domestic competitions as well. This might be getting too complicated but what about the ability to change sides during a game? ie; You are managing Yorkshire but have won all four competitions 3 years running and want something new. Kent are languishing in Division 2 and have just sacked their manager. OR - you could look further abroad to see that Queensland have yet to reach the heights of their ~2000 period of dominance. Why not?

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
Imagine how good it would be if they had the Australian domestic competitions as well. This might be getting too complicated but what about the ability to change sides during a game? ie; You are managing Yorkshire but have won all four competitions 3 years running and want something new. Kent are languishing in Division 2 and have just sacked their manager. OR - you could look further abroad to see that Queensland have yet to reach the heights of their ~2000 period of dominance. Why not?
yeah ...good option...........it is there in Cricket Coach..

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
This is one of the bigger ones for me. :happy:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Something more than a cosmetics makeover (that doesn't even look good) and a database update. Just played ICC 2008 for the first time and its rubbish (although if i hadn't played all the others up to 06 i might think it was ok). Yeah the graphics..woo the leading edges for six and pulls through mid off are now in 3d!, but the game engine is essentially same, the stats database is the same tired stuff and there aren't any significant new features...back to ICC 2002 for me.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Would have to disagree. I've played just about every version since ICC 2000 and ICC 2008 is by far the best for me. ICC 2005 a close second.

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
Would have to disagree. I've played just about every version since ICC 2000 and ICC 2008 is by far the best for me. ICC 2005 a close second.
I think 2002 is by far the best..........even when it doesn't feature 20-20........
and you know how much (read less) exciting T20 is in newer ICC versions...

and another plus point for 2002 is that it has a database editor available...:)

bryce

International Regular
The only ICC copy I do not own is the very original one and to be honest I reckon there all the same game really, just with updated stats and very few pedantic alterations. My favourite version has always been the one with the most updated stats because the ICC series has never really undergone any wholehearted changes

kingdamo

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm loving ICC '08. It would be cool to have all of those options to be honest, I went for the retirement option on the poll. Purely because I get annoyed looking for those retired players and I am real gutted when they are gone :p

Hoggy31

International Captain
Read on the CT forum that all they need is the licensing for the other domestic comps, sounds pretty swell.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Australian Domestic Competition and Retirements popping up are the main ones for me. Then the editor and Twenty20 comps.

sudhindra9

School Boy/Girl Captain
All these are really cool

Domestic Competetions from other countries like Australia,SA & India
T20 leagues like IPL , ICL ,Stanford 20-20 & Champions League T20
ICC Tournaments like Champions Trophy , World T20 and Asia Cup.
Database editor for editing players and teams & we can add our custom teams and leagues

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
All these are really cool

Domestic Competetions from other countries like Australia,SA & India
T20 leagues like IPL , ICL ,Stanford 20-20 & Champions League T20
ICC Tournaments like Champions Trophy , World T20 and Asia Cup.
Database editor for editing players and teams & we can add our custom teams and leagues
The problem with introducing T20 leagues is the uncertainty that they're going to happen in the future - the Stanford 20-20 is a prime example, there's no point putting that in the game for the next however many seasons because its not even going to happen in real life! The ICL's future is uncertain and the IPL would be incredibly tricky to implement.

The whole point of the game is to create a certain level of realism and thats why I've never been in favour of database editors being included in the game. One was created for ICC 2002 because there was a prolonged gap between any new ICC game being released and it only made sense to create some sort of editor to update statistics and players. When you have new games released each year now, the database is essentially updated with that version.

Agreed that the Champions Trophy, 20-20 World Cup would be good additions. Couldn't care less about the Asia Cup though. I wouldn't complain about the introduction of domestic competitions either.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
They need to actually get Twenty20 games to produce realistic scores before introducing leagues. Yes that includes sixes (don't we say that every ****ing year?)

I'm always in favour of data editors because they never get them right. I don't like playing against unknown medium pacers from India who dominate just because they have an awesome domestic record. I seriously wonder if the database is tested out to see whether or not actual international players ever get a game.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
They need to actually get Twenty20 games to produce realistic scores before introducing leagues. Yes that includes sixes (don't we say that every ****ing year?)

I'm always in favour of data editors because they never get them right. I don't like playing against unknown medium pacers from India who dominate just because they have an awesome domestic record. I seriously wonder if the database is tested out to see whether or not actual international players ever get a game.
Agreed regarding Twenty20s - in fact earlier in this topic I mentioned, "The par score in Twenty20 matches seems to be a bit low (anything over 140 seems to be very good on the game) whereas teams in real life tend to see 160-170+ as giving them the advantage."

It seems as though the amount of sixes increased slightly in ICC 2008, but not quite enough IMO. We've seen some games in real life recently where in excess of 10 sixes per innings are hit in T20s and ODIs, yet you still struggle to get more than 4 or 5 sixes on ICC in an entire match.

I see your point with the database and would be in favour of it being used in the regard but you'd also get some people adjusting the skill level of their own players to make them better and then have them winning every game - claiming it to be legitimate. That would stuff the online game and any comparable records. Though if theres enough demand for a database editor, I guess it'd be worthwhile including it - but I wouldn't be using it personally. ;)

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed regarding Twenty20s - in fact earlier in this topic I mentioned, "The par score in Twenty20 matches seems to be a bit low (anything over 140 seems to be very good on the game) whereas teams in real life tend to see 160-170+ as giving them the advantage."

It seems as though the amount of sixes increased slightly in ICC 2008, but not quite enough IMO. We've seen some games in real life recently where in excess of 10 sixes per innings are hit in T20s and ODIs, yet you still struggle to get more than 4 or 5 sixes on ICC in an entire match.

I see your point with the database and would be in favour of it being used in the regard but you'd also get some people adjusting the skill level of their own players to make them better and then have them winning every game - claiming it to be legitimate. That would stuff the online game and any comparable records. Though if theres enough demand for a database editor, I guess it'd be worthwhile including it - but I wouldn't be using it personally. ;)
It doesn't affect me because I don't play online, but who cares if they want to stuff their game? If someone is cheating online, people will refuse to play them.

I'd also like to see the runs scores in computer games shifted to actually represent what happens in real life. Rarely do ODI sides score 300+ and it ****s me to tears.

I'd also love to see a StatsSpider/Statsguru type thing implemented to just add some real awesomeness to the game. The game is nearly 'there'... but I've said that for the last seven years, too.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Having the game sim T20 matches in domestic comps outside England would be nice.

When going to select a player for T20Is and looking at their domestic T20 'current' or 'last year', they rarely play more than 1-2 games a season. Really annoying.