• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket 2002

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Well there were supposed to be threads here about cricket 2002 ?! hmmm anyway...I bought it a few days ago, and I have won the World cup on hard.......Sharjah has not been unlocked ?!!:!( whats the take ? Actually nothing is getting unlocked. I doubt the CD is original, because here in Pakistan it is impossible to get the original.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
You cant get an original CD, It was worth 30 :p

I'll try the patch. Is that a problem in the game or a likely problem in a pirated version ? I think the former....

I got the game for 30 dollars and thinks its pretty good. By far the best Cricket game made on Computer but there is definete room for improvement.

Btw, Couldn't you have just used cheats to unlock whatever you want.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I played it on playstation and it had hardly any shots...anyone else noticed this? BLC had more shots...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
It has at least as many shots as BLC...
Well I remember BLC having 7 at least.

I don't know if it's just the PS2 version but I've only seen 4-5...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
No, C2002 has many more since it has front and back foot shots...
Well all I saw was a drive, a legside flick that's useless, a wierd sorta cut and a defense...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I myself have played more shots than that, and I didn't even mention the charge down the wicket and hitting over the top options.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeh I can assure you there are plenty of shots, back and front foot and charging down the wicket, back and front foot defensive..

My only gripe (And ill go on about it until something is done about it) is that McGrath bats with exactly the same skill as tendulkar!
Cmon EA we are not in 1996 any more..And a full on editor would be good!

Apart from that, its a good game, and I couldnt care how many stadia there are in C2004, if those above problems arent fixed, it wont be any better than 2002.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
So in order to get the square cut you need to play a backfoot square of the wicket shot? I didn't get much time but all I could find was run down the pitch and slog which most of the time ended with me being bowled, front foot drive, square of the wicket slash, a rather rubbish legside flick and a forward defensive.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Who are you, and what have you done with Rik? ;)

The Rik we know never says he has problems at anything! ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Who are you, and what have you done with Rik? ;)

The Rik we know never says he has problems at anything! ;)
I'm Rik's alter-ego, Kir. :saint:

I have problems I just don't mention them...

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Rik- I've Cricket2002 a few days ago on playstation and was impresed, there are at least 16 shots (back foot and front foot) plus the down the pitch button.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
R_Powell_fan said:
Rik- I've Cricket2002 a few days ago on playstation and was impresed, there are at least 16 shots (back foot and front foot) plus the down the pitch button.
Hmmmm well I wouldn't mind knowing them because I want to whoop a mate tomorrow on it. I didn't do too badly last time, 114 in 10 overs :D

Bowling though is almost impossible, much harder than BL Cricket because it wobbles around.

How can you put more spin on the ball?