• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
:laugh:

Brilliant stuff. Would definatly play it if a newer version of that game came out somehow.
There's a USM 98 around on the internet i think, which stands a far better chance of working than the dos original.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yeah i looked on ebay for that a while ago but they were all really expensive seeing as its a really rare piece of software.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sledger said:
yeah i looked on ebay for that a while ago but they were all really expensive seeing as its a really rare piece of software.
Get on MSN and message me about it.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Got new FM2007 for Christmas.

Best update in years IMO - so much quicker it is unbelievable.

If only I was any good at it yet - doing my best to get Exeter relegated, Neil would not be happy.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Currently managing Nottingham Forest on FM 2007. Was at Bournemouth but that wasn't going anywhere and after one too many job applications and declaration of interests in managing Premiership teams I 'resigned'. Applied to Forest and they approached me for the job. Brought in a few players, the best being Teddy Sheringham. Also a few players who I was managing at Bournemouth. I'm in the playoff spots so looking to hopefully gain an automatic promotion although the playoff winners get more money right?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
After getting Cisco Roma 2 promotions up to Serie B in 4 seasons, McLaren was sacked (I sure hope this doesn't replicate realy life, another 3 and a half years of him would be 3 and a quarter too many) - I applied for the job and got it!

Craig

World Traveller
Hopefully I have the game soon.

Can anybody find a team/league for me to have a go in and go from there?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Im flying with Mamelodi Sundowns.

Barely lost a game and have 2 PSL Champs and 2 African Champions League Titles.

However, its getting boring. I cant sign anyone as they dont want to come to South Africa. I have 2 mil GBP to spend and nearly 20k a week left and I cant do it. Even Saffies in Europe will not come to me as they prefer being 2nd string in place like Denmark and Russia.

Also despite dominating African comps I cant get a job in England.

The game is getting stagnant. Ill keep winning everything in Africa and end up nowhere else. :@

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Goughy said:
Im flying with Mamelodi Sundowns.

Barely lost a game and have 2 PSL Champs and 2 African Champions League Titles.

However, its getting boring. I cant sign anyone as they dont want to come to South Africa. I have 2 mil GBP to spend and nearly 20k a week left and I cant do it. Even Saffies in Europe will not come to me as they prefer being 2nd string in place like Denmark and Russia.

Also despite dominating African comps I cant get a job in England.

The game is getting stagnant. Ill keep winning everything in Africa and end up nowhere else. :@
Oh that sucks majorly. Maybe you should try the lower leagues?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I'm really screwing Exeter over - 15th first season and 23rd after 5 games in the second season.

Now applying for jobs elsewhere to try and get out of it!

On a side note, if anyone thinks of doing an online game, I'd be interested - it's a case of getting enough people playing to make it worthwhile.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Im playing with Anderlect ATM, i got pissed off at the work permitt thing in England and the overseas limit in Spain. Tired Italy for a while and it didn't really tickle my fancy. I going pretty average, won the league in the first season, but got knocked out of the cup, Champions League and UEFA Cup in the first round of each, also lost the Super Cup.

Went a bit better in the 2nd season in the cups, came third in UCL Group Stage. Was leading Barcelona for match of our 2nd match, but they scored a late goal. Same thing happen when i played Dortmund and they scored in the last minute.

Got through to QFs for the UEFA Cup and League Cup and won the Super Cup. But i finished 2nd in the league. During the group stages of UCL, we were like 18 points behind, so it was a good effort to finish 2nd. We played the team that won in the 2nd last league match, need a win to get a 2 point gap in the league, effective win the league and we drew 1-1.

I had a clean out in my 3rd season, sold a lot of my older players, including my keeper. Its backfired bad, i got knocked out of the UCL in the group stage and got knocked out of the league cup in the 2nd round. Im 6th in the league and 10 points behind the leaders. The fans started protecting after we got knocked out of UCL, so i quit without saving. I think the last time i saved was before QF of the UEFA Cup.

I played the game quite a bit, i find the team starts to struggle after the 2nd season, as i always have no money for transfers. I think i might try some lower league side in Belgium next, they got no player restrictions so i like it.

Craig

World Traveller
If there is one thing I hate about England is only being allowed 5 subs. Having 7 gives me a lot more options.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Tom Halsey said:
On a side note, if anyone thinks of doing an online game, I'd be interested - it's a case of getting enough people playing to make it worthwhile.
I got FM07 yesterday, so I'd be keen. Just need to get familiar with the tactics again.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
I got FM07 yesterday, so I'd be keen. Just need to get familiar with the tactics again.
Id definately be interested. I dont know how to set these things up though. The online section of FM has always been a mystery to me

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Currently in the middle of a challenge with a mate, to see who can be the most succesfully with a team starting in English League 2. Chose Bristol Rovers cause i'd fallen in love with them after playing with them in Fifa05.

First season was challenging as the team is fairly crap. No money to speak of so relied heavily on free transfers. Got knocked out of all the cups fairly early, and were hanging around the middle of the table most of the season till a late burst of form saw us taking on barnsley for the title in the last game of the season. Scored the only goal of the game in the 89th minute, Ran many laps of the house in celebration.

Second season saw us still lacking funds, so many a free transfers were made, one of which was Ole Gunnar Soljskaer as a player/coach. Got nowhere with the cups, and was again looking down and out until 2 late loans saw us run 2nd, 10 points behind.

Didn't expect to do well at all in the championship, all though transfer funds helped. Mark Viduka decided to leave middlesbrough and join us, and we also brought in Stephane Grichting. We were knocked out of the FA Cup straight off the bat, losing to Aston Villa. That meant nothing though, when we beat Fulham on penalties to take out the League Cup. Especially after beating Blackburn 3-0 to make it there. Never dropped below 4th in the championship either, and ended up winners by 9 points.

Currently 2 games into the Premiership, witha win and a loss. Made a few more signings at the end of last season, all for free, including Rivaldo,Mathieu Flamini and Gary Caldwell. Jaime Alberto Castrillion is on his way from Roma as well.

Apologies for the longish post, have been meaning to put this up here for a while, and the story has built up.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
I wouldnt mind playing if someone gives me the lowdown on how to do online play and if we use version 7.0

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
pinchy81 said:
I wouldnt mind playing if someone gives me the lowdown on how to do online play and if we use version 7.0
Why would we use 7.0? Its terrible. For FM07 the update/patch is essential as the game is virtually unplayable without it.