Page 214 of 238 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3556
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How Are You Doing On CM?

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Yeah, I do this as well, the coaching staff tend to be a pain in the arse a lot of the time. Scouts seem to be equally dodgy. Even those who have ratings of 20 in judging potential and ability sometimes say that a player will be crap, but who I know from past experience of playing the game will turn out to be good. Similarly they say the opposite about players who are crap, but they insist are world beaters. The fact that they seem to change their mind about players every 3 months is a pain as well.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    I've never really had a problem with scouts. It's when you have a backroom meeting and a coach or assistant says 'scout player X, he's quite good' and then the scouting report says he has the potential to be a good player in the league 2 levels below where you're playing that's annoying.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Ever find a coach randomly saying someone needs to be dropped when you've been really pleased with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Jesus, 4 points from first 4 games this season, bad times

I think coaches recommend players to be dropped purely on their average rating, which can be quite annoying. Always a bit stupid when a player who has had an average to poor last 5 games gets a hat-trick and then the coach comes along and says he's been playing badly and should be dropped.

cpr
    Just seen a press conference where Trappatoni was asked if so-and-so was really ready for his international debut.... must've sleepwalked through the 90 mins he played the month before then....
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Ever find a coach randomly saying someone needs to be dropped when you've been really pleased with them?
    Usually goalkeepers, because if you're winning games comfortably they only score 6.8 or 6.9 because they have **** all to do, so a couple of games where you lose and the keeper doesn't do too well and all of a sudden he should be dropped.

Only player Rice has wanted to drop is Marek Hamsik who, to be fair, has been playing like absolute horse****. Marquee signing my arse.

Elsewhere, Iker Muniain.... have my babies. kthxbai

Hamsik has been decidedly iffy for me as well. I wonder if he is one of these players who despite having good stats just isn't any good. Have put it down to him taking time to adjust after his move.

Ended up winning the league in my second season with Chelsea, finished one point ahead of City. Had a horrible last game of the season against City, basically a cup final for the league title. Had to go to their ground and avoid defeat in order to guarantee top spot. Took the risky option and decided to park the bus (which I hardly ever do) because Mata was injured and he was the only player I had who could create chances. Took an early lead which I held till about 25 minutes to go, conceded an equalizer and then somehow managed to hang on for dear life until the final whistle.

Team has undergone a big overhaul in the close season though, current first team is:

--------------------------------------Cech

Vrsaljko ------- Hummels ------ Subotic --------- Santon/Jose Angel

------------------------------------- Fellaini

------------------------ Meireles ----------- Hamsik

Sturridge/ Willian --------------------------------------------------------- Mata

-----------------------------Leandro Damiao

Eds
    How much did you get for Torres?
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

Still have him, he's just in terminal decline and has been relegated to the bench. May just get rid entirely sooner or later as Lukaku is coming along nicely, and seeing as I'm playing a system which requires only one striker there's not a lot of point in having 3 players all vying for a starting position.

Will have to replace Cech soon as well, he's also on the decline. Very interested in Szczesny, though he may prove to be a bit expensive.

Eds
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Still have him, he's just in terminal decline and has been relegated to the bench. May just get rid entirely sooner or later as Lukaku is coming along nicely, and seeing as I'm playing a system which requires only one striker there's not a lot of point in having 3 players all vying for a starting position.

Will have to replace Cech soon as well, he's also on the decline. Very interested in Szczesny, though he may prove to be a bit expensive.
    Being "relegated" suggests he was actually starting in the first place.

And yeah, highly recommend Chesney, myself. Well, he was excellent on my long-term Arsenal save on FM2011. Trusted him from the start, and had him until the 17/18 season, IIRC, at which point I was dominating so hard, I just got a world class youngster in for 30-odd-million to replace him and sold him for 17million or something similar. Definitely worth a punt though.

Also, only 75% confidence for reaching the Scottish Cup final when.I was in the 1st division is a bit stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eds View Post
    Being "relegated" suggests he was actually starting in the first place.

And yeah, highly recommend Chesney, myself. Well, he was excellent on my long-term Arsenal save on FM2011. Trusted him from the start, and had him until the 17/18 season, IIRC, at which point I was dominating so hard, I just got a world class youngster in for 30-odd-million to replace him and sold him for 17million or something similar. Definitely worth a punt though.
    He was absolutely on fire at the start of my second season, but he picked up a 4 month injury and his stats plummeted and he's not been able to return to his former self.

But yeah, will go for Chesney, is looking like an excellent prospect and will have home grown status as well. Might have to butter up Van Gaal in the press (Wenger was sacked) so he'll be more open to the idea.

Still struggling and Stuart Pearce has started attending games with a view to applying for my job WAC. Applied for the England job after Mancini was sacked though, and to my surprise was offered it. I then decided it would be boring and wanted to dig Spurs out of the hole I've somehow got them in this season. Just got owned in the North London derby though and I've got Man U next, but the recently vacated Ipswich job is looking an attractive destination if they dump me soon.

Thread Information