• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'm not that far in the game so the top class players haven't retired yet.A few will be retiring soon though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think it is actually only position that is retained (a good check is if you can get a WP easily I believe)

Cloete

International Captain
Tom Halsey said:
On my 01-02 one I signed a Belarus player who turned out to be a world beater though. Surely that couldn't have been a regen of a real Belarus player. :S
What season are you in? If your in the first 10-15 then you would have signed Maxim Tsigalko who's a legend!! Otherwise it might have been his regen?

I guess you could also have signed Nikiforenko or Vasilyuk(I thikn he's at belarus?)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
playing cm4 with liverpool and hull.

livepool i have 7 titles in a row and going for 8 but sitting ugly in 8th spot

with hull got em up to the pl in straight seasons but have only really been average in the pl finishing 4th twice. euro semis.

in 03/03 1st season got liverpool with all 4 trophies.
but second season i am struggling in 4th spot but looking terrible half way through.

but love the game

Cloete

International Captain
bugssy said:
playing cm4 with liverpool and hull.

livepool i have 7 titles in a row and going for 8 but sitting ugly in 8th spot

with hull got em up to the pl in straight seasons but have only really been average in the pl finishing 4th twice. euro semis.

in 03/03 1st season got liverpool with all 4 trophies.
but second season i am struggling in 4th spot but looking terrible half way through.

but love the game
What happens when Liverpool and Hull play each other??

Cloete

International Captain
bugssy said:
they are different saved games buddy. sorry should have mentioned that
Oh ok... Hull seem to be a very popular choice of teams for some reason!!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Cloete said:
Oh ok... Hull seem to be a very popular choice of teams for some reason!!

probably one of the easiest to get promoted up through the leagues straight away and i also support them other then my famous chokers, liverpool

Cloete

International Captain
bugssy said:
probably one of the easiest to get promoted up through the leagues straight away and i also support them other then my famous chokers, liverpool
I'm a Plymouth man in the Nationwide. Ever since I won their jersey at a soccer tournament as a 9 year old :)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
everyone always managers Hull or Rushden in the lower divisions, TBH i havent done a lot of lower league management, ive had success with Reading, Oxford, Port Vale, Millwall and Sheffield Wednesday, but thats about all....

roseboy64

It's better to start from the top and win then go down to the lower leagues.If your rating is superb you may attract some good players to play for your D3 side even.Players always say they love to play for your you if you have a good reputation as a manager.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
roseboy64 said:
It's better to start from the top and win then go down to the lower leagues.If your rating is superb you may attract some good players to play for your D3 side even.Players always say they love to play for your you if you have a good reputation as a manager.
It's no challenge then.

I started with Lincoln, I've just 5 minutes ago get into the EPL, and it feels much more of an achievement to do it the hard way.

roseboy64

That's great and all but it helps if you build up a reputation with a higher club then move to a lower one and attract some good players to help your cause to reach the top.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
roseboy64 said:
That's great and all but it helps if you build up a reputation with a higher club then move to a lower one and attract some good players to help your cause to reach the top.
Which is easier and therefore prooves my point.

It isn't a challenge.