• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Tbf I've never actually tried it, so I don't know, it's just that the reason I've never tried it is the many bug reports on the forum, maybe the forum is full of tools then.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You have to do things just right for it to work. If you follow the directions then there's no problem. Often people forget to change the compatibility and it doesn't work. It is worth having though, changes so many useful things.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Anyone heard of a player called Jack Cork? I've signed him a couple of times on FM, but last night at work, I actually met him. Was weird, but kinda cool.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Did you tell him that you had signed him many times? Bet he would have been honoured lol.
Haha, no, I just served him his drinks and was surprised when I read the name on his credit card. He was down visiting Southampton player Lee Holmes, who's staying in our hotel. There was another guy with him who looked like he could have been a footballer, but I didn't recognise him. Short, olive-skinned bloke, no idea of his name. Still, was a mildly interesting incident.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I met the Chelmsford City chairman a couple of months ago now, I made sure to inform him that he had sacked me on FM08.

Anyway my 01/02 game rolls on, won another couple of league titles, and another European Cup in the last two years. Thinking of getting the England job when it next comes up, want a new challenge.

Craig

World Traveller
Got Fiorentina up to 2nd spot so far, in the Quarters of the UEFA Cup with 3 CB's out injured or suspended with only Barzagli left and I have AC Milan in the Semi Final of the Coppa Italia.

Craig

World Traveller
Finished second to a rampant Inter Milan. One the UEFA Cup over Bayern Munich with a pen in second half injury time. Also 2nd in the Coppa Italia, won by Inter once again.

Has anybody ever had Akinfeev and if so how good was he, and is better then Frey?

Agent TBY

International Captain
Has anybody ever had Akinfeev and if so how good was he, and is better then Frey?
Akinfeev's one of the best keepers in the game. Has his occasional 5 game, but he's absolutely immense most of the time. I wouldn't buy anyone else.

Craig

World Traveller
I'm tempted to go for Akinfeev because Birmingham and Portsmouth have put in sizeable bids for him, so if I want to buy him I will have to do so soon, and I might sell Frey (always has a sook if I don't accept a bid for him). I conceded over 50 goals in all competitions in my first season, something I want to fix.

If there was a harden the **** option, I would use it.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hugo Loris (OGC Nice) is a fairly good buy for a young keeper as well.

Started a game with Aston Villa, got Cani for 6.5m from Villarreal, and Demel from HSV for 6m in the preseason. Midway through November and we're currently sitting 9th/10th due to some rather indifferent results (against Fulham & Sunderland). Biggest problem is our strikers, Agbonlahor, Moore & Carew really aren't finding the back of the net (Barry is our leading goal scorer along with Carew with just 4, Cani, Young & Petrov have contributed a 2/3 each). With only Bouma being my only real option at left back, I've signed Aurellio for 2.5m and that will go through in the January window.

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'm tempted to go for Akinfeev because Birmingham and Portsmouth have put in sizeable bids for him, so if I want to buy him I will have to do so soon, and I might sell Frey (always has a sook if I don't accept a bid for him). I conceded over 50 goals in all competitions in my first season, something I want to fix.

If there was a harden the **** option, I would use it.
Should probably sort out your tactics too and maybe get better or different defenders for the system you're using.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got West Ham into Europe with a 6th place finish in my third season there, and was offered a new contract by the board. The conditions of my contract stated that I would get (a meagre) £7.5m to spend, but when the new transfer budget was unveiled, I only had £5m. I appealed to the board for more funds, but they said that they're waiting for a return on their investment from the previous season (when I had a budget of £2.5m). I'd have thought getting into Europe is a return on their investment.

Anyway, I deemed that unacceptable and quit. Real Madrid approached me, and I accepted. Morals aside, this is about the cash.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
In relation to Camps post, has anyone ever made a successful ultimatum to the board? Best I have seen is getting a response along the lines of "the board recognise all the good work you have put in at the club etc...however, regret that your demands cannot be met due to a lack of funds, however, wish for you to continue at the club etc..."

Every other time it has resulted in being warned and then sacked.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Never played long enough for it to be a postive response. Figure you have to manage a team for around 5 years or so and constantly do well.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In relation to Camps post, has anyone ever made a successful ultimatum to the board? Best I have seen is getting a response along the lines of "the board recognise all the good work you have put in at the club etc...however, regret that your demands cannot be met due to a lack of funds, however, wish for you to continue at the club etc..."

Every other time it has resulted in being warned and then sacked.
I've only ever approached the board twice and never issued an ultimatum. Haven't had to as yet, though I considered it in this case. In the end it was really just an informal ultimatum.

Anyway, needless to say, I acquired Michael Steele, despite being told by my Asst that I should only sign him as a last resort. He cost a bargain £9m, though West Ham (managed by John Terry) didn't want to sell at first. The team started slowly, but now we're on a real roll. Only lost to Barca (2-1) in the past 2 months or so and have been winning 2/3-0 every game. Steele has 14 goals in 23 games so far and a handful of key assists, so I'm loving my call.

Just won the World Club Championship against a team I've never heard of- Internacional. Beat them 12-0 with two players getting hat-tricks and a couple others getting 2. Steele was one of the 2-scorers, then I took him off to wrap him in bubblewrap.