• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy Football

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Hi,

Marc Robbins, Chef de Groot, Manuel Ramprakash and AA have invited you to play in their Fantasy Premier League called "Chef de Groot's Pies."

If you aren't already playing the game then you can register
here

Once you have logged in and entered your team, click on the 'Leagues'
link you can find on the the right of the page. Now enter the code
10890-2689 to join the private league.

Winner gets free drinks in the CW bar for a non-specified period (which will be specified when I see who wins.)

Cloete

International Captain
Done! Athletic Charlton...

------------James------------
Yobo - Terry - Stefanovic - Silvestre
Flitcroft - Okocha - Juninho - Davis
---------Henry - Baros--------

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I'll probably join if i get round to it but i find Yahoo Fantasy football a lot better and i reckon we should have a league there, doesn't get set up till sart of august though

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
This game has always been the best one for CW

Can do other minor leagues though - I tend to enter Yahoo anyway.

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:
This game has always been the best one for CW

Can do other minor leagues though - I tend to enter Yahoo anyway.
I think that VNRL was really cool. I think next season we should try form a 16 team comp. (ie, have as many team as possible)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
no next season it should be by invitation only and have people that are committed and will actually updfate their team each wekk, too many times i came up against sides with only 11 or 12 players to my 17, and once blewy played the bunnies with only 6 against his 17!

Simon

ok ive registered my team is

gk: Given (newcastle)
dr: Distin (man c)
dc: Laursen (villa)
dc: Terry (chelsea)
dl: Bramble (newcastle)
mr: Emerton (rovers)
mc: Wright Philips (man city)
mc: Okotcha (bolton)
ml: Hitzlsberger (villa)
fc: Rooney (everton)
fc: Keane (Spurs)

reserves
Hislop (pompey)
Lazaridis (birimingham)
Matteo (rovers)
Stead (rovers)

captain: Emerton (rovers)

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
broncoman said:
no next season it should be by invitation only and have people that are committed and will actually updfate their team each wekk, too many times i came up against sides with only 11 or 12 players to my 17, and once blewy played the bunnies with only 6 against his 17!
fo sho. although i haven't updated my side each week, i've always been a results checker.

Simon

nibblet said:
fo sho. although i haven't updated my side each week, i've always been a results checker.
maybe u should have updated ur team a little more often then :p

Craig

World Traveller
I'm in.

Runaway Bay All-stars (3-4-3).

-------------------Hoult------------

--------- Southgate - Hreidersen - Terry------

Malbranque - Lampard - Barry- Rommedahl (c)

--------- Yakubu - Keane - Defoe--------

Subs:

Murphy (gk)
Stefanovic
Hunt
Linderoth

Pretty good squad, I managed to pick up a good goal keeper in Russell Hoult for 4m, and his no. 2 Joe Murphy for 3m, So I had to pay 7m for the two keepers. My line of thinking is, is that if you have a first choice goal keeper at their EPL club and get injured during a match, you will have their reserve in there straight away.

Cloete

International Captain
DJellett said:
Yes I'm in - can you pick formations?
yeah just press the down arrow on one of the start players and the up arrow on a player of a different position if u want more mids or backs or whatever!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My line-up is still provisional, so no point in posting it.

One thing to remember though is that lower keepers will concede a fair number of goals.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Schwarzer
Neville G
Yobo
Lauren
Neville P
Ljungberg
(C)
Lazaridis
Savage
Pennant
Johansson
Mutu

and on my bench...

Taylor
Mellberg
Speed
Ferdinand

I spent everything...

(Sorry about 4 posts in a row by the way;))

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Right - Glimt Vikings FC (3-4-3):

Jussi Jääskeläinen (Bolton) - Sami Hyypiä (Liverpool), Claus Lundekvam (Southampton), John Arne Riise (Liverpool) - Jesper Grønkjær (Birmingham), Niclas Jensen (Charlton), Thomas Gravesen (Everton), Fredrik Ljungberg (Arsenal) - Henrik Pedersen (Bolton), Mikael Forssell (Birmingham), Joachim Johansson (Charlton)

Subs: Antti Niemi (Southampton), Hermann Hreidarsson (Charlton), Anders Svensson (Southampton), Olof Mellberg (Villa)