• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
well done bloke. Much like bad memories, only enormous amounts of alcohol can fade it from your memory. So make sure you mount the ball and get your name spelt correctly on the honour board.
Which club? What distance?
'

Riggins

International Captain
Lol it was at the par 3 course around the corner from my house so it doesn't really count. 95m wedge and probably the easiest of an easy course. But it was still pretty cool.

I've been playing for 2-3 months now, dad's been playing for 40 years and he has never got one haha. I also beat him in matchplay the other day, I'm really enjoying it.

The Battlers Prince

Lol it was at the par 3 course around the corner from my house so it doesn't really count. 95m wedge and probably the easiest of an easy course. But it was still pretty cool.

I've been playing for 2-3 months now, dad's been playing for 40 years and he has never got one haha. I also beat him in matchplay the other day, I'm really enjoying it.
Of course it counts! It's a good game as a real test of yourself is golf.
Have 2 aces myself and an albatross.
But the best I saw was a guy playing by himself, we were calling him through our group at a 140 metre par 3. His first ever game and he 'sculled' it in the middle of the ball and it was firing through the green. Hit the flag dead in the middle and dropped in. Such a ****ing fluke! Hate that guy lol.

Riggins

International Captain
My dad and his mates used to play with a guy who they thought was a cheat but were never sure. One day he fired one through the green down a hill over the back. All four of them looked for it for ages and no-one could find it. Finally the bloke said he found it in a spot they'd all looked at already, chipped on and putted in for a par, at which point realised that his tee shot had actually gone in and hadn't fired through the green after all.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My dad and his mates used to play with a guy who they thought was a cheat but were never sure. One day he fired one through the green down a hill over the back. All four of them looked for it for ages and no-one could find it. Finally the bloke said he found it in a spot they'd all looked at already, chipped on and putted in for a par, at which point realised that his tee shot had actually gone in and hadn't fired through the green after all.
:lol:!!!!!!!!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Talking of holes-in-one, Jamie Donaldson just aced at the 16th to move into a joint lead in Turkey.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
dubuisson hangs on to win...great charge by donaldson, tiger didn't really play well this week except for round 2...

The Battlers Prince

Good to see (Ashton) Kuchar down here in Oz. Looking a good finish to the event. Vijay needs to make a bit of a run now. But hard to track down Scott from here.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One of the unspoken truths of the long-putter ban is that Scott is still a crap putter despite the fact that his Masters win was used as evidence in favor of it being outlawed

Unfortunately for his fans, he isn't as the guy would've won 4-5 majors if he was a half way respectable putter

Stats say that he is MARGINALLY better from 4-6 feet, way worse outside that range and still outside the top 100 overall since the change

The biggest problem in golf remains ball technology not whether a player anchors the putter to his chest, belly or forearm