• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
goydos, marino, jacobsson, simpson, stricker & poulter in the mix at the barclays...tiger 5 back and will very likely finish with another top 10...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
heath slocum takes out the barclays holding off tiger, ernie, padraig and stricker!!! that was quite a performance....

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
heath slocum takes out the barclays holding off tiger, ernie, padraig and stricker!!! that was quite a performance....
Hmmm again Tiger missing a clutch putt, it's becoming a habit:unsure:

Stricker really should win more, seems to lack the killer instinct.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Hmmm again Tiger missing a clutch putt, it's becoming a habit:unsure:
yes, the other players did seem to be less intimidated than usual on the sunday back-nine...or maybe it was just my imagination...but it is incredible to me that for a guy who putted so poorly most of the week and seemed so mystified by the greens, he was still a pulled 3-footer for par on the 4th and a misread 6-footer for birdie on the 18th from an outright win, forget a playoff...mickelson finished 52nd, now that is the usual bad week for most players...:)

Stricker really should win more, seems to lack the killer instinct.
yeah he is such a clean striker of the ball and a superb putter....he is not doing so badly though, he has won twice already this season and is currently ranked 4th in the world...:)

grecian

yeah he is such a clean striker of the ball and a superb putter....he is not doing so badly though, he has won twice already this season and is currently ranked 4th in the world...:)
You are right it has been a good time for him recently, still feel he should of won more and certainly should of picked up a major or too. Mind you considering he's picked up 3 of his 6 tour wins in his forties maybe there's more to come.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
it's raining birdies in boston....tiger woods sort of joining the party late in the 2nd round...his putting is still dodgy at best and will not do if he wants to contend on the long weekend...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
woods and wilson tied for the lead at cog hill..harrington one back, the guy is in contention every week, he is well and truly back....:)

grecian

woods and wilson tied for the lead at cog hill..harrington one back, the guy is in contention every week, he is well and truly back....:)

Who are you talking about here, Anil, Padraig or Tiger?

Well Tiger is incredible in regular tour events, and has been all season and Harringtons done really well in the latter half of the season.

Yet they're multiple major winners and both of them go after majors over everything else, so whatever you can say about either it's been a failure of a season for both.

I worry about Tigers putting under pressure for the big ones, his strength has almost become a weakness and Paddy's had some odd blips this year. Both men who used to thrive on pressure seem to be a bit averse to it.

Are these things terminal?!?!!

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Who are you talking about here, Anil, Padraig or Tiger?

Well Tiger is incredible in regular tour events, and has been all season and Harringtons done really well in the latter half of the season.

Yet they're multiple major winners and both of them go after majors over everything else, so whatever you can say about either it's been a failure of a season for both.

I worry about Tigers putting under pressure for the big ones, his strength has almost become a weakness and Paddy's had some odd blips this year. Both men who used to thrive on pressure seem to be a bit averse to it.

Are these things terminal?!?!!
i meant padraig....in spite of the past few weeks, i feel it's too early to write off the nerves of two such terrific clutch performers...:)

grecian

Yeah well I didn't get where I am today without pointlessly writing off people for little reason.

Anyway Tiger looks like he's gonna make the final day a procession, not sure I'll bother watching TBF.:unsure:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah well I didn't get where I am today without pointlessly writing off people for little reason.
:laugh:, padraig was pretty decent today but woods just blitzed everyone, was probably scared he will come under pressure on sunday otherwise...;)

Anyway Tiger looks like he's gonna make the final day a procession, not sure I'll bother watching TBF.:unsure:
yeah a course record 62....that was awesome...i will definitely watch tomorrow...

grecian

Oh FFS, I've had the nightmare betting season to end all betting seasons, finally think I'm getting out of jail with James Kingston, and the ****er has a two shot lead which get's whittled down to one, then three putts from 15 feet at the 17th:ranting:

****ing incandescent :mad: