• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

King Pietersen

International Captain
Yeah not bad, a final round 61 to win a WGC event.

Shame Pieters didn't win though. A big win will come for him soon though, he's too good not to win one.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah pieters will win one sooner rather than later...

what are everyone's picks for quail hollow?

King Pietersen

International Captain
Interested to see that from 2019 the PGA will move from August to May, with The Players moving back to March, and the BMW PGA moving out to September.

Hoping Spieth or Rory win although I'm happy so long as a lot of the big names are in contention. Could see Pieters having another good week!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I struggle to get up for this major, which isn't something that can be said for me when I look at Lexi Thompson Instagram account.

I've gone big on Koepka for some reason, just think he looks good, going well so far, got two free 10 pound bets too because of it, which I have to use by next Monday, not sure whether to back his rivals or go on the football

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
day, oosty, kisner, hideki all having good days...spieth may still sneak into the weekend but he is more or less out of contention so is rory, the two betting favorites coming in...

grecian

Put my saver tenner on Hideki, on the day he forgets to putt. About my only chance here is Reed each-way, knew I hated this tournament for a reason, Kisner will so be a typical bland American winner to fit in with all the others that have won this crap slam.

Oh I'm not bitter........

grecian

Oh looks like Justin Thomas will be the bland yank to win. I hate you Hideki.

Dufner
Walker
Thomas
Micheel
Beem
Toms
Sluman
Tway

and now Thomas becomes another one-time Yank winner who we can forget about almost immediately.

#still bitter

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The (comparatively) unknown Yank needs to be a legitimate betting option on the PGA every year.

grecian

The (comparatively) unknown Yank needs to be a legitimate betting option on the PGA every year.
TBF I'm being horribly unfair on Thomas who could well have a decent career, made some money from Reed so I only lost quite a lot, not a lot.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
thomas is not really a lucky winner at all, why would you class him with micheel, beem, toms et al...wouldn't be surprised if he finishes with a few majors and a hall-of-fame resume...

King Pietersen

International Captain
Justin Thomas' 2017:

PGA tour win (3)
Round of 59
Hole in one
First -9 in US Open history
Major championship

Not really sure how that's remotely comparable to Beem or Micheel.

JT is awesome. Was a superb final round that really saved the Championship from going down as one of the dullest in history. JT's shot into 17 under the pressure was sheer class. Great win, will be the first of many for him.

grecian

Justin Thomas' 2017:

PGA tour win (3)
Round of 59
Hole in one
First -9 in US Open history
Major championship

Not really sure how that's remotely comparable to Beem or Micheel.

JT is awesome. Was a superb final round that really saved the Championship from going down as one of the dullest in history. JT's shot into 17 under the pressure was sheer class. Great win, will be the first of many for him.
Hey I said I was being stupidly bitter, yeah he's clearly potentially better.

Interesting that mens golf has younger Slam champs than mens tennis nowadays. Strange switch round.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
spieth well out in front at the northern trust...looks like he really wants that player of the year award...