• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep, one of pmy favourite players tbh. I played a pro am with him at the NSW Open about 3 years ago - top bloke (shot 64 in the pro am iirc as well).

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bring on the Masters. Favourite sporting event of mine. Love it.
It is top, I agree. Trying to work out my bets, but I just think Tiger will walk it. Tempted by the 10-1 with Ladbrokes that he'll win with 4 rounds in the sixties.

Burgey

It is top, I agree. Trying to work out my bets, but I just think Tiger will walk it. Tempted by the 10-1 with Ladbrokes that he'll win with 4 rounds in the sixties.
Good bet if the weather is kind - if there's no strong winds or rain, he could well do it.
Otherwise, putting on my biased Aussie hat, Ogilvy FTW. His wins in the past few years demnstrate he can really grind it out if he's close on the last day.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Good bet if the weather is kind - if there's no strong winds or rain, he could well do it.
Otherwise, putting on my biased Aussie hat, Ogilvy FTW. His wins in the past few years demnstrate he can really grind it out if he's close on the last day.
ogilvy and vijay singh are both playing well and have some momentum coming into the tournament...

Burgey

Yep, Vijay's always good value in these big events I reckon.

Love that languid swing too.

grecian

Yeah, I love easy swingers myself.

Bang goes a fiver on Tiger, never liked him:@

Blighty putting up a good show so far:)

Burgey

:laugh: strange round...2 bogies and an eagle...
How bad was his bogey on 13?

Adam Bloody Scott - 3 over. Dire. Aim up, lady man!!!

Bad day for the Aussies again at Augusta - only Lonard broke par. His best round there ever with a 71. Allenby a 72, Baddeley at +1 with a couple to play.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
How bad was his bogey on 13?

Adam Bloody Scott - 3 over. Dire. Aim up, lady man!!!

Bad day for the Aussies again at Augusta - only Lonard broke par. His best round there ever with a 71. Allenby a 72, Baddeley at +1 with a couple to play.
well it wasn't an easy shot to get it up on the green close enough to the pin for a birdie opportunity which is what he was trying to do, took a risk when he could probably have played it safe and got it on the green somehow and two-putted for par...

yeah bad day for the aussies, scott, ogilvy, appleby, baddeley(was he +1, thought he was +2 or +3?) all had pretty poor rounds, and they are the ones who were expected to contend...the brits had a great day though with rose, westwood and poulter and casey was even par i think....

grecian

I dunno, he's still well in it. He's done okay today considering he wasn't playing at his best.

Bizarre final hole, but it was important he didn't drop a shot.

Has drifted from about Evens to 2-1, imho.