cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 177 of 222 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3329
Like Tree531Likes

Thread: ***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Same actually. I just really want to see this Arsenal Meltdown. For some reason their hatred of Spurs always feels disproportionate to me, like they should have outgrown it around the time of what felt like their 50th consecutive North London derby victory in 2009.
    I think people just become institutionalised (or clockwork-oranged) into that way of being tbh. In general terms I feel like how you have described in your post (I.e. Not that bothered), but when a big game comes around and/or the Spurs fans (who are almost as bad as Arsenal fans) start giving it Barry they really get my goat.

Just can't not want them to lose. Though I probably don't feel as strongly about it as I once did.
    Last edited by sledger; 18-04-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    And also Son is just great. Can't help but not love him.

Match day going Arsenal fans are way too obsessed with Tottenham in general IMO. Watched the match tonight in a pub in Finsbury Park and there was a good chunk of people who just spent 70% of the second half singing songs about Tottenham. Like give it a rest.

I don't especially hate them that much, certainly not as much as United, but Arsenal are historically so much more successful in every way it would be really weird for them to have achieved the ultimate triumph in club football when we haven't. I imagine it would have a pretty monumental impact on the rivalry, in terms of evening the stakes.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales, Duckett, Hameed, Jennings | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati. Potential hater of abilities. Blocked on twitter by Michael Vaughan, Brad McNamara and AtlCricket for my hard hitting truths.

May depend on what happens after. One solitary Champions League win, whilst nothing to be sniffed at, is not alone enough to cement a team's status as an ATG or whatever, or initiate a paradigm shift so far as their wider status is concerned etc. Look at Porto for instance.

Cricketer Of The Year
    Iím not sure why I always support the English clubs no matter who it is. It could be because I donít remember 66 or 68 so generally English football achieved little internationally or clubily. (aside from the UEFA Cup, but in those days not even the final was live on TV). Then suddenly in the late 70ís we started winning the European Cup every year until the ban and it was great. I will definitely be rooting for Spurs in the Champions League, but it would still be good if they finish 5th or 6th and win nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    Iím not sure why I always support the English clubs no matter who it is. It could be because I donít remember 66 or 68 so generally English football achieved little internationally or clubily. (aside from the UEFA Cup, but in those days not even the final was live on TV). Then suddenly in the late 70ís we started winning the European Cup every year until the ban and it was great. I will definitely be rooting for Spurs in the Champions League, but it would still be good if they finish 5th or 6th and win nothing.
    Which is what will probably happen to Spurs. Their league form has been in absolute freefall, and there's no way they'll be as lucky as they were against City for 3 consecutive ties.

Sane gonna yeet himself out of the club if this continues.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Sane gonna yeet himself out of the club if this continues.
    Yeah he's such a good player. He'd start for pretty much any other team.
    And come what may we're unstoppable
    'cause we know just what we are
    Yeah we know just what we are
    - Oasis, "Stay Young"

Quote Originally Posted by andmark View Post
    Yeah he's such a good player. He'd start for pretty much any other team.
    He should be starting for this team.
    sledger likes this.

Quality shithousing from Sterling at the end there. Worked too, basically killed off stoppage time.
    fade, made to fade
    passion's overrated anyway

forever 63*

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    He should be starting for this team.
    How do you get him in? Bernardo into the 8 role and David Silva out?

Roy Hodgson's comments about Wayne Hennessey are actually hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    How do you get him in? Bernardo into the 8 role and David Silva out?
    Yeah. David has really tailed off since the first half of the season as well so it's more justifiable than when De Bruyne was out and both Silva's were playing amazingly. Though I think another factor in Sane not playing might be that Pep (rightly) thinks Sterling's ceiling is highest as an inverted LW rather than a RW, and is maybe prioritising maximising him.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Yeah. David has really tailed off since the first half of the season as well so it's more justifiable than when De Bruyne was out and both Silva's were playing amazingly. Though I think another factor in Sane not playing might be that Pep (rightly) thinks Sterling's ceiling is highest as an inverted LW rather than a RW, and is maybe prioritising maximising him.
    Yeah Bernardo is probably best at RW too, so to get Sane in he needs to move their two best players of this season away from where theyíve been most effective.

Though even if he doesnít want him in the first XI he should still be getting more minutes.
    Last edited by Uppercut; 20-04-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Hopes of United beating City to allow Liverpool a chance at the league are being dashed as we speak.

Thread Information