• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official" NRL Tips discussion thread

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem with the NRL is they look after the "BIG" teams to much...

Canterbury, should've been booted out of the comp weeks ago..
Roosters, All those star players and they aint over the Salary cap...
plus always giving the so called top sides the byes during SOO time...

Until the NRL start looking after the lower(long serving/loyal) clubs the game will continue to suffer...

nibbs

International Captain
The thing is, Parker was specifically told 'not' to go on. He did. End of story. Stupid broncos...

nibbs

International Captain
Blewy said:
Canterbury, should've been booted out of the comp weeks ago..
Roosters, All those star players and they aint over the Salary cap...
booting them out would be taking it a bit too far.

I agree. Dam Roosters.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nibblet said:
The thing is, Parker was specifically told 'not' to go on. He did. End of story. Stupid broncos...
geez ur a goose sometimes nibblet!
why dont you wait for the whole story before commenting....
i saw NRL on fox tonight, there was some interesting comments made by graham annesley (the NRL chief operating officer), he says there was some distance inbetween where parker was standing and where the sideline official was, its seems to me parker could easily have misinterperated the official.....
And another thing, why would parker twice not got on when told not to and then decide to disobey the 4th official and go on anyway. seems a bit unlikely to me.

im pretty confident we are going to win the appeal actually.

nibbs

International Captain
broncoman said:
geez ur a goose sometimes nibblet!
why dont you wait for the whole story before commenting....
i saw NRL on fox tonight, there was some interesting comments made by graham annesley (the NRL chief operating officer), he says there was some distance inbetween where parker was standing and where the sideline official was, its seems to me parker could easily have misinterperated the official.....
And another thing, why would parker twice not got on when told not to and then decide to disobey the 4th official and go on anyway. seems a bit unlikely to me.

im pretty confident we are going to win the appeal actually.
exactly. well i only saw what was on the news. i didn't know that. however i hope that the broncos lose their appeal. i'm quite confident that they will.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
anyway back onto topic....

any tips for this weekend, most ofthe favourites look pretty clear cut good tips, broncos, cowboys, raiders, sharks, dragons, warriors but i think penrith can beat the roosters.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
anyway back onto topic....

any tips for this weekend, most ofthe favourites look pretty clear cut good tips, broncos, cowboys , raiders, sharks, dragons, warriors but i think penrith can beat the roosters.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mister Wright's tips for round 4

Season tally: 10/21

Panthers v Roosters

Very tough to pick. Both teams have been impressive after being rusty in round 1. So basically it is down to who will be the better team on the night. Penrith welcome back Ryan Girdler who will add experience and class to their side, while the Roosters get back hard man Michael Crocker. As much as I hate to tip against a Super League team I think the Roosters will be the more focused, with Ricky Stuart not taking them lightly like he did in last year's grand final.

Canberra v Eels

Canberra were very dissapointing last week, they should have put away the Cowboys long before the last 10 minutes. Shifcofske was solid yet again and he will give them the spark needed to beat the Eels who struggled against the 'Johnsless' Knights last week.

Cowboys v Tigers

Hardest game of the round IMO. Both teams have been dissapointing and will need to improve about 70% if they want to challenge the eight this year. Tigers have been the more impressive of the two, and the only reason I am tipping the Cowboys is because they are a team who can be pathetic for a couple of weeks and then pull out a near perfect performance the next week. Unfortunatley for the Tigers I think that will be this week.

Rabbits v Sharks

The Sharks were very impressive last week with Peachey and Kimmorley finally firing their attacking abilities. Althought the Rabbits have improved this year, IMO so too have the Sharks (although not that much in either case) and I think they will have too much firepower for the Bunnies.

Broncos v Storm

I never tip against the Broncos, but this is one of those ones where I am not that confident (unlike last week). The Broncos will be fired up with them being unjustly stripped of 2 competition points, with hopefully a hostile crowd, the Broncos should pull through. It will be a tough win though.

Dragons Knights

How do you judge the form of the Dragons? ATM it is loss one week, win the next - and this week they are due for a win. The Knights have always struggled without 'Joey' and I think they will again this week. Although I think this season they are more prepared to play without Johns then they were last season. But I still think one match after is too early for them, plus the Dragons are at home.

Sea Eagles v Warriors

Surely this is the week the Warriors put it all together. The Sea Eagles have been up and down yet again this season and the Warriors should have too much firepower for them.

nibbs

International Captain
i've got 8/21 so far...

this week i'm picking

roosters.
eels
cowboys (sorry blewy)
sharks
broncos
knights
warriors

i'm bound to get 7/7 fo sho!!!!

nibbs

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
Is that for getting 2/7 or for the Warriors winning?
Warriors...you betcha! About time IMO...

we should **** up the knights next week...