• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Niall

International Coach
Rafa pulverising Bautista Agut. He's probably dropped around 10 games in 12 sets of tennis. :laugh:
Carreno Busta in the quarter final who will be a waste of time. I don't mind Rafa but its grim that he is in the semi final of the French Open in 2017 without breaking sweat.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Carreno Busta in the quarter final who will be a waste of time. I don't mind Rafa but its grim that he is in the semi final of the French Open in 2017 without breaking sweat.
It doesn't make a difference who he'd have faced, in this form he was going to make it there without breaking a sweat anyway. Maybe he'd have lost 20 games instead of 10.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It's quite unusual for 7 of the top 8 seeds to make the Men's quarter-finals of a slam. The Ladies tournament lacks any really great players, but that probably makes it more interesting.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Final Results

NUFAN
Del Potro (29)
Zverev (9)

Wawrinka (3)
Ferrer (30)
Raonic (5)

Nadal (4)
Goffin (10)
Djokovic (2)

Kerber (1)
Bertens (18)
Kontaveit (unseeded)
Williams (10)

Svitolina (5)
Suarez Navarro (21)
Radwanska (6)

Pliskova (2)

Samuel_Vimes
Murray (1)
Zverev (9)
Monfils (15)
Tsonga (12)

Carreño (20)
Nadal (4)
Thiem (6)
Đoković (2)

Stosur (22)
Kuznetsova (8)

Mladenovic (13)
Gavrilova (24)
Svitolina (5)
Suárez (21)
Strýcová (20)
Pavlyuchenkova (16)

morgieb
Del Potro (29)
Zverev (9)

Wawrinka (3)
Tsonga (12)
Carreno Busta (20)
Nadal (4)
Thiem (6)
Djokovic (2)

Stosur (23)
Bertens (18)

Mlandenovic (13)
Williams (10)
Svitolina (5)
Halep (3)
Strycova (20)
Pavlyuchenkova (16)

The final scores were:
Morgie 9.5
Vimes 8.5
Nufan 5

Congrats morgie, well played and bad luck Vimes. It was good fun despite not even being close. Happy with the format once again for Wimbledon?

Last edited:

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Stan going through nicely against Monfils.. who is wearing one of the best / colourful sports outfits so far. Like Monfils,but he was outplayed by Stan today. Hopefully it stays dry here today..perhaps the cricket needs to be played in France...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ah that's annoying if it rains out - Thiem vs Djokovic should be great.

Also I meant I wasn't close, the battle between Vimes and Morgie was very close (I guess that happens when you pick so many similar). Carreno Busta was definitely the best get. Mlandenovic was the only other outside the top 10. I initially named her too but I wanted to take a punt on Kontaveit. My lowest ranked quarter winner was only the 5th seed, very bad.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't Djokovic smash Thiem 6-1, 6-0 or something in Rome? WTF happened in two weeks?