• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
True. Have considered that, and then also considered the fact that for most of that match Tsonga stood there watching Isner's serves whizz past him. So not sure how much that match actually takes out of him compared to a hypothetical 7-5 fifth set match with a lot of long points?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True. Have considered that, and then also considered the fact that for most of that match Tsonga stood there watching Isner's serves whizz past him. So not sure how much that match actually takes out of him compared to a hypothetical 7-5 fifth set match with a lot of long points?
Yeah unless you get Isner/Mahut levels of length given how serve-reliant the two are fatigue might not be as much of a factor.

Still think it'll matter a bit and Gasquet has the edge though. Hope I'm wrong.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
yep think you are right. notwithstanding his good record vs. Cilic (other than US open final when he was cooked physically), I agree his play on grass isn't convincing

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Today will probably be the best day of tennis for the tournament, lots of closely matched opponents playing each other
Think Gasquet is playing really well and will see away Tsonga... At least one Frenchman to advance though..
Going to keep tabs on the Nishi match today. Think it may be quite entertaining .
Also the Murray match...find Kyrgios interesting..maybe he may give Murray a good battle..who knows?

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm finding Gasquet/Tsonga, Nishi/Cilic, Radwanska/Cibulkova and Keys/Halep really interesting. Trying to see the value in these (slight favourite is the person I've mentioned first for each match).
Yeah today is a massive day. I've already cleaned on Pavlyuchenkova beating Coco, the odds were terrific. Also got decent money betting on Cibulkova to win the first set.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rada vs. Cibulkova is always a good contest nowadays.

Man was reading Twitter rumours that Nishi was injured. He is absolutely cooked, can't move. Not sure why he's playing here but if he finishes the first set I win money on Cilic. Please do it!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cibulkova vs. Rada and Halep vs. Keys is so ****ing entertaining.

Meanwhile Mahut vs. Querrey is roooooof as.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Federer not playing too well but still winning v a very ordinary Johnson. Fedex served fairly well though.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Pretty sure rain has a part to play in all these injuries. Matches one after the other in a slam are tough.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Who was it that said Goffin had a piss weak forehand? Hope they're watching Goffin just dominate Raonic right now. Returning beautifully.

Love Goffin. Just solid as ****.