• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Doesn't help with the double faults from Murray here... Looks like the stat still stands for Murray ..

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Today incidentally marks the 12th anniversary of Andy Roddick's final day at the top of the world rankings (Roger taking over by winning his first Australian Open). That day - 31 January 2004 - was the last time a player other than Federer, Nadal or Djokovic was world number 1.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
novak should finish his career as the best or the second best ever if he keeps his focus and dedication for the next 3-4 years..

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
There's a cautionary tale hidden somewhere in the career arcs of Sabine Lisicki and Angelique Kerber

(Lisicki not even fifth choice for the German Fed Cup team this weekend)

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's a cautionary tale hidden somewhere in the career arcs of Sabine Lisicki and Angelique Kerber

(Lisicki not even fifth choice for the German Fed Cup team this weekend)
I think the lesson is don't play like a brainless idiot for 95% of your matches.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Grecian you following any of the Fed Cup?

Czech vs. Romania tie is such an interesting one. Halep and Kvitova who were favs in their first round ties both lost, and now played a pretty tight match with Halep coming out on top.

Big serving Pliskova needs to win to keep the Czechs in it

grecian

Czech vs. Romania tie is such an interesting one. Halep and Kvitova who were favs in their first round ties both lost, and now played a pretty tight match with Halep coming out on top.

Can't say I am following it that much, not on my TV, and I just can't be arsed to find dodgy streams.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Kiki Bertens actually played really well to knock off Russia.

Kuznetsova had no business playing though, was obviously in pain even on Saturday. Amazed she stayed on court.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member

jono, you seem to have a lot of time on your hand to watch these smaller tournaments and events, it's awesome that you are able to follow all your favorite sports so extensively...how do you manage it? i am lucky if i can catch a big final or two here and there anymore...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
jono, you seem to have a lot of time on your hand to watch these smaller tournaments and events, it's awesome that you are able to follow all your favorite sports so extensively...how do you manage it? i am lucky if i can catch a big final or two here and there anymore...
Oh I didn't watch any of the Fed Cup except the last set of Halep vs. Kvitova. Was just following the results.

But yes, Masters 1000s and Grand Slams I am pretty religious on watching a lot of it and specifically make time to. I guess the answer to your question is I only properly follow 3 sports, but I go deep with them and watch a lot. Whereas most other sports (Premier League, NBA) I am the definition of a casual fan.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Thiem beats Rafa on clay. I think Rafa's going to be a good lay in some matches this clay season. He was $1.2 vs. Thiem!

grecian

Bencic v Kasktina smelt like the future to me, both very canny performers, not one-dimensional, and can attack and defend. Daria seemed a bit tired, and tended to lose the big points, but otherwise it was a good show from both, and Belinda is the first teen to enter the top 10 for almost 7 years.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I watched a bit of that.

Fritz looks like the future too on the men's side. Love his game. And looks to have a better attitude than Querrey.

grecian

Vinci <3

Always an underdog in these matches for some reason. Was vs. Ivanovic too.
I personally never thought she was an underdog against Ana, who just got a dream draw, her form is just appalling this year.

Was very surprised here though, Bencic looked knackered, reckon she could do with a break. Been an enjoyable tpurnament though, gymnasts, big crowds and a fun energy. It'll always be Leningrad to me though.,