• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh ffs, what a **** day. I though Novak winning Wimbledon was supposed to lead to him dominating the tour? Nadal's got injured and he's just spent the last few weeks playing **** tennis, losing to random average ****s and claiming he has more important things than tennis. He should've ****ing dominated the North American hard court season instead of losing every time someone dared play well against him or he played a match with any ****ing importance. Nadal must be spinning in his injury bed watching a bunch of average ****s slug it out for major tournaments while he's on the sidelines. Seriously, what's the point of getting to every semi final or final of a grandlsam if you just pack it in against anyone decent in the big ****ing moments. Boris Becker was supposed to sort this out and it's just escalated into a ****ing hysterical joke. **** has brought nothing to Novak's game.
I know you love Nole but Kei beat him after two back to back 5 setters. Respect that ****.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This is so awesome. I thought that Cilic was a massive chance but Djoker losing to Nishikori is the absolute best.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh ffs, what a **** day. I though Novak winning Wimbledon was supposed to lead to him dominating the tour? Nadal's got injured and he's just spent the last few weeks playing **** tennis, losing to random average ****s and claiming he has more important things than tennis. He should've ****ing dominated the North American hard court season instead of losing every time someone dared play well against him or he played a match with any ****ing importance. Nadal must be spinning in his injury bed watching a bunch of average ****s slug it out for major tournaments while he's on the sidelines. Seriously, what's the point of getting to every semi final or final of a grandlsam if you just pack it in against anyone decent in the big ****ing moments. Boris Becker was supposed to sort this out and it's just escalated into a ****ing hysterical joke. **** has brought nothing to Novak's game.
Hey I like you Cabinet, but this is pretty pathetic. People lose tennis matches. Kei has been hugely impressive this Tournament, give him some credit.

I just thank gawd there are new people in the final.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I know they desperately want the Men's Semi-Finals at peak time on the Saturday, and it makes no sense to have the two finalists coming back within 24 hours and not in peak shape for the Final - but finishing the tournament on the third Monday seems rather potty.

grecian

I know they desperately want the Men's Semi-Finals at peak time on the Saturday, and it makes no sense to have the two finalists coming back within 24 hours and not in peak shape for the Final - but finishing the tournament on the third Monday seems rather potty.
What they desperately want is the women's final involving Serena being on prime-time, it will massively outrate the Mens and would have whomever was in the men's final. Obviously would have seemed a bit stupid if Serena hadn't made it.

Pothas

Hey I like you Cabinet, but this is pretty pathetic. People lose tennis matches. Kei has been hugely impressive this Tournament, give him some credit.

I just thank gawd there are new people in the final.
I honestly never knew anyone cared that much about tennis.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Another Grand Slam title for Serena. I wonder where the next great female champion is coming from. Some less than great players have won Grand Slams over the past few years. It makes the tournaments more interesting than the same people winning every time, but the standards are not high.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dreck final really, but there ya go, happens.
Do you reckon the quality/closeness of the match (or lack of it) is why there has been little interest, or because of the players involved?

Everyone says they want the end of the dominance of the big 4, and in particular Roger, Rafa and Novak, but when we get two blokes in their first Grand Slam no one turns up to the match and no one gives a crap about the result.

Murray beat Novak in 3 at Wimbledon 2013 and everyone loved it. Same with a few other big 4 one-sided finals.

Last edited:

grecian

Do you reckon the quality/closeness of the match (or lack of it) is why there has been little interest, or because of the players involved?

Everyone says they want the end of the dominance of the big 4, and in particular Roger, Rafa and Novak, but when we get two blokes in their first Grand Slam no one turns up to the match and no one gives a crap about the result.

Murray beat Novak in 3 at Wimbledon 2013 and everyone loved it. Same with a few other big 4 one-sided finals.
In the end, the change of an era should ideally be one young guy taking out one of the big names, hopefully in a stunner. I want variety, but having two (to the general public) unknowns was far from ideal, particularly with a drug issue with one of them. Kei was clearly on his last legs too, and didn't give of his best. In the end if Nishikori or Cilic keep on winning they will become names. When the big 4 beat each other there was a battle of people who everyone knew. I'm not sure everyone loved it. Murray was an huge story.

The women's final was equally bad competition-wise but people knew who both were and their were clear narratives behind both players.