• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I think Federer's obviously the favourite. Roddick may pose a challenge as well as Safin and I'm thinking Hewitt too.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
is anyone else as excited as me about wimbledon?!?!
its gonna be another long night...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
is anyone else as excited as me about wimbledon?!?!
its gonna be another long night...
I can't get excited about Wimbledon until well into the 2nd week. I have exams until Tuesday. Hopefully my two Aussie mates will still be pounding the grass then.

_Ed_

I'm definitely excited about it. Doesn't start til midnight here though, and big day of studying for my Thursday exam tomorrow so can probably only watch a couple of matches tonight.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mister Wright said:
Has anyone been on the official Wimbledon site? Is is just my computer or does everyone else get a really small font on the site? Does anyone know if/how I can change it to be larger?
It's quite small, but still readable IMO.

What browser are you using? Assuming Firefox, press Ctrl and the + button and it should get larger.

Mister Wright

Samuel_Vimes said:
It's quite small, but still readable IMO.

What browser are you using? Assuming Firefox, press Ctrl and the + button and it should get larger.
It's readable, but a struggle.

I have to use Internet Explorer.

_Ed_

And both went on to win comfortably, Federer 6-4 6-2 6-4 and Hewitt 6-3 6-3 6-1.

Msykina had a bit of a fright before winning 5-7 7-6 6-4.

First upset of the tournament: Patty Schnyder out in the first round to Antonella Serra Zanetti, 6-4 6-7 6-3

Mister Wright

Anil said:
he is facing safin in the 2nd round...who do you think will win that tussle? :)
Newcombe thinks The Poo will win that one. Had The Poo had a tough five setter I would say Safin in a canter, but Safin is no certainty on Grass, and The Poo loves the turf at Wimbledon, it won't be as easy for Safin as some think.

Simon

nwec thought scott draper would be davydenko, the aussie comentators are so biased its not even worth taking into account what they say.
having said that i give the poo a big chance against Safin...

Sudeep

International Captain
Serena just lost the first set 7-6 (14-12). Absolutely amazing play by Haynes. Hope she can capitalize on throwing Serena off her play.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Sudeep said:
Serena just lost the first set 7-6 (14-12). Absolutely amazing play by Haynes. Hope she can capitalize on throwing Serena off her play.
What happ to Espn-Star nowadays. They cut off the telecast after the first set... damn

Man.. what a blockbuster lineup tomorrow on the centre court . Very difference from the one sided matches we normally get to see on the centre court on the first week. Ofcourse now that i said it.. all of them could turn out to be damp squibs
Mark Philippoussis (AUS) vs. Marat Safin (RUS)[5]
Sania Mirza (IND) vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)[5]
Joachim Johansson (SWE)[11] vs. Greg Rusedski (GBR)

Sudeep

International Captain
V Reddy said:
What happ to Espn-Star nowadays. They cut off the telecast after the first set... damn
Apparently, they've marred by their obsessive urge to show the new sense of nincompoopery they've picked up. :@