• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That match was quality. Can't remember the last time I watched such a high quality tennis match. I remember a particular point when each and every shot they played would have been missed by most other players. The serve was an ace to most guys but not to Roger. The return was a winner, usually, but not at Safin. And the volley was a winner too, but again, not with Roger. And the backhand would have been a winner too, but for Safin's forehand. Amazing stuff.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's what was getting me the most. Mere mortals would not have done what those guys were doing. Safin should have had at least double the aces he had, but Federer is so amazing he got everything back in the court.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow. Just wow. That was an amazing performance. He said it best. He "weathered the storm" of Roddick, and then took him down mentally. Roddick doubted himself during the match, Hewitt never did that. That was the difference.

Hewitt vs. Safin - Should be a beauty!

Piper

International Captain
Jono said:
Wow. Just wow. That was an amazing performance. He said it best. He "weathered the storm" of Roddick, and then took him down mentally. Roddick doubted himself during the match, Hewitt never did that. That was the difference.

Hewitt vs. Safin - Should be a beauty!
OHHHHH NNNOOOOO come on Safin :dry:

twctopcat

International Regular
It is all teed up nicely for a hewitt victory but i still hope safin does it. The guy just reminds me of ivan drago off rocky IV, some sort of machine. But that crowd will be something else come sunday.

Piper

International Captain
twctopcat said:
It is all teed up nicely for a hewitt victory but i still hope safin does it. The guy just reminds me of ivan drago off rocky IV, some sort of machine. But that crowd will be something else come sunday.
Yeh, but one good thing out of this is that, i dont think Safin will be takin part in this years Wimbledon so it will give Roddick more of a chance of winning :D

twctopcat

International Regular
Piper said:
Yeh, but one good thing out of this is that, i dont think Safin will be takin part in this years Wimbledon so it will give Roddick more of a chance of winning :D
How come safin won't be there?? Roddick is a bit of a charmer isn't he?? Bet you go to putty when he plays... :p

Piper

International Captain
Who will Win Wimbledon this year?

I know its early but i was just wondering who you think will. I think Roddick will but then again ive said that for the last 4 years :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Roddick didn't have too good a showing tonight :(

Anyway Goran Ivanisevic is going to come out of retirement and win it again. :happy:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The best thing about Roddick is when he says "Yep" whenever he hits a top shot, or whenever his opponent hits a top shot.

Roddick = :cool:

A shame he couldn't take it out tonight, but as much as Hewitt bugs me, he deserves to be in there. However he's got the Russian Beast now. :happy:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
BoyBrumby said:
Only ever gonna be one fella, innit? Roger Federer, who's practically English with a first name like "Roger". :D
Lol is that what its come down to. Forget Henman, just support players with Anglo names :p

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jono said:
The best thing about Roddick is when he says "Yep" whenever he hits a top shot, or whenever his opponent hits a top shot.

Roddick = :cool:

A shame he couldn't take it out tonight, but as much as Hewitt bugs me, he deserves to be in there. However he's got the Russian Beast now. :happy:
Hewitt was doing the same thing tonight, which was nice to see.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Roddick's cheekbones make me go ooh ahh.

Still, chuffed that Hewitt got through. I hate having a delay on the match, I cant help but look up the score on the net!