• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sigh, Novak you giant douche :( get your head together son!

Just watching highlights of Stosur v Williams again, how epic were the points from Sam in the 3rd when facing match point & again when she broke Serena!
Further to this, anyone see Serena's press conference? Worst loser, seriously.

"No i was definitely off"

"um y'know she's a interesting competition level, yeah i definitely think she's a good competitor"

Carn Sam!

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, never understood how you couldn't just run yourself into the ground when you have something like that in a semi... at least give it a crack next game.

I guess they are so professional that they know when they're cooked, and know that they're only going to miss out on other pay days. Meh.
She didn't even get the trainer out though. She just walked off.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Further to this, anyone see Serena's press conference? Worst loser, seriously.

"No i was definitely off"

"um y'know she's a interesting competition level, yeah i definitely think she's a good competitor"

Carn Sam!
To be fair, Serena gave Stosur plenty of praise before the match, saying she had an all-round game.

"Yeah she's amazing," Williams said.

"She's fast, she is strong and has a great serve. You know I don't know if she has a real weakness."

I'm not going to try and defend Williams' attitude when she loses, because I've got no ground. She is a bad loser.

But I do think admitting you were off (and clearly anyone who watched would see she was in the first 1.5 sets at the very least) isn't necessarily being a bad lore.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd generally agree, but for the fact that she pretty much always does it. Honestly cannot ever recall her so much as admitting to being outplayed.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Obviously too early to say, but that hold at 1-2 could very well be really important if Jankovic's last service game is anything to go by. Might have been her biggest chance.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thing I like about Stosur is that she seems a cool chick. Been so long since we've had a good tennis player who wasn't a ****.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Berdych vs. Soderling tonight is one of those match-ups that makes you tingle.

Could be the biggest slug-fest on clay in the last decade.

ripper868

International Coach
Stosur :wub:...should play for the reds.

Gotta awta on Williams, never praises the other person when she loses, seems to claim she was 'off' whenever she loses. WAC. Looking forward to when she loses in a first round to a qualifier)