• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I love watching Federer when he's behind (and he really cares). Only player better at it (until his knees gave way) was Nadal.

Nadal cares about every tennis match he plays though. Even if its an exhibition.

Big test for Davydenko mentally now. He had Federer at 40-40 4-4 in the second, whilst already being a set up, but pressure got to him and he lost the set 6-4.

I expect Fed 6-3 here in the third.

Hopefully Davydenko surprises me.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
WOW!

Davydenko serving for the match at 30-0 and Fed plays 3 brilliant points to have break point.

Can Davydenko hold his nerve or will he choke?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah makes no sense why he always does that, but its true.

Nonetheless, he's playing better tennis than ever. Hopefully he makes a good showing at the Aust Open.

I may go watch him on Court 2 (he'll never be on centre court :ph34r: lol)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Most impressive think about tonight.

Davy was down 0-30 at 4-5, after Fed had a let cord go his way, and then a ridiculous flukey get.

Normally he would have crumbled, but he held. Was good to see.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember watching those two play in the semi-final of the French in, I think, about 2006. Daydenko matched Federer from start to finish, but choked horrendously on every big point and ended up losing in straight sets.

It's great to see him play this well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha yeah that was the ultimate "Davy" choke match.

Seriously, the choke was so on at 0-30 at 5-4 in the 3rd. Cannot believe that he went on to hold.

And even when serving for the match at 30-0 he went to 30-40, for him to crack such a ridiculous forehand winner was amazing.

Del Potro vs. Soderling starting soon. Would be a great story for Soderling to make the final, but I think I want Del Potro to win this championships.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well he'll have to first come back from a set down vs. Soderling.

Del Potro just played an awful tie break after serving so well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Close match.

Was a serving clinic for most of it. Great viewing.

Del Potro was down a break at 2-4, and then played an absolutely ripping game to immediately break back.

The kid has mental strength, so awesome.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No, Davydenko rules :cool:

Huge segment on him on SEN radio how he's not ***y, but his tennis is FAR from boring.

What a legend.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Great work Davydenko.

I just booked tickets to the Brisbane International. Last year I got to see Tsonga vs Gasquet in the semi's, this time going on the first Sunday.

Brisbane’s 2010 line-up Pretty good lineup, is there anyone not so obvious worth seeing if I get the chance?