• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Nah. He's been arrogant for a lot of his career (I referred to his arrogance in 2007/08 in this thread). I never got the "he's a humble champion" comments. He's often a funny guy, and is a ****ing amazing player. But humble he is not.
exactly...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The ABN Amro tournament final between Nadal and Murray has had 5 breaks of serve in a row. Incredible.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah, Nadal's on one leg, not sure how he managed to win that 2nd set.

Don't think Nadal will retire hurt, so it looks like Murray will cruise through this 3rd set.

A shame, as it would have been a kick-ass match had Nadal not hurt himself. These two are the two players I want to see go head-to-head the most in tennis atm.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Nah, Nadal's on one leg, not sure how he managed to win that 2nd set.

Don't think Nadal will retire hurt, so it looks like Murray will cruise through this 3rd set.

A shame, as it would have been a kick-ass match had Nadal not hurt himself. These two are the two players I want to see go head-to-head the most in tennis atm.
Murray's ankle also shot iirc.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was it? Not sure.

Murray wins the 3rd set 6-0.

Probably the most pointless set I've seen. Rafa should have retired at the end of the 2nd, but I guess when he some-how won the set, he figured he was fit enough to play on. Obviously he wasn't, absolutely pulverised in that set and could barely move.

Fair play to Murray though, come back well after he went out to Verdasco at the Aust Open earlier than people thought he would.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
"I had a problem with the injury but I don't want to talk about that," said Nadal. "Andy played very well today and he deserved to win the tournament. I am very happy with my performance this week. I came here without the best preparation after Australia, so it was a great result for me to get to the final here and I am very happy with that."

Good man Rafa.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like Lleyton will bow out of Memphis in the semis - he's down a break late in the third. Still, this will fill him with a world of confidence to have made it this far.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Looks like Lleyton will bow out of Memphis in the semis - he's down a break late in the third. Still, this will fill him with a world of confidence to have made it this far.
He's got a wildcard to Del Ray Beach Championship.

He's paying 5.00 for the win (same as Mardy Fish, Querrey paying 4.50). Haas and Baghdatis also in the tournament.

I reckon he can do it (even though he lost to Fish last tournament in the first round). I may got on him to win the whole thing.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haas also not in the tournament now after losing in straight sets to Chardy, honestly Tommy think its time to retire.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At least Safin has said he's going to retire after this year.
Hewitt and Haas just appear to be either very stubborn and still think they are better than what they are or they feel they have something to prove coming back from injuries.