• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Amen to that mate

She is one fine woman that one.

She's actually a Russian tennis beauty that can play decent tennis, unlike the last one. :happy:

PY

International Coach
Kournikova was actually in the top 16 for 2 years and at one point was ranked 8 in the world. You don't get there by being pretty I'm afraid or else I'd be world number one by now. ;)

Congrats to Sharapova on winning her 1st Grand Slam. Liked the way she tried to ring her mum on the mobile before the presentation. :D. Seems like a geniunely nice girl as well as the obvious other attributes.

Btw fellas, you know the person she thanked in her interview for inspiring her.....it was me. :cool2:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
Sharapova... She is alright I guess.. Got a bit of a plate face and fair hair, which does not help matters...
lol ur a hard man to please rich!

Simon

she played damn well, that first set she was just on, and did really well to break back straight away in the 2nd, she just wanted it more, she deserved to win, and im for one glad she did!!!

Eclipse

International Debutant
PY said:
Kournikova was actually in the top 16 for 2 years and at one point was ranked 8 in the world. You don't get there by being pretty I'm afraid or else I'd be world number one by now. ;)
She got there by playing alot of tournements. She was a decent player but the top ten ranking she acuired flatterd her a bit IMO.

Simon

Eclipse said:
She got there by playing alot of tournements. She was a decent player but the top ten ranking she acuired flatterd her a bit IMO.
kournikova made the semis at wimbledon once, she was decent in hear earlier years as a pro, i remember in the aus summer back in about 2001 when she was serving over 20 double faults per match, shes a better model than she was a tennis player...

Andre

International Regular
Langeveldt said:
Sharapova... She is alright I guess.. Got a bit of a plate face and fair hair, which does not help matters...
Lol, sorry mate, but if it came down to Sharapova and Kirsten Davis, I'd take Sharapova 7 days a week.

PY

International Coach
Add in the fact that Sharapova is your age and Kristin Davis is twice your age and I think Andre might be onto a winner.

Still don't understand why Kournikova comes under so much fire. She never claimed to be the next Steffi Graf, she was just pretty and an average (on the world stage) tennis player. Good on her for choosing the thing which earns her the most money.

Last edited:

Simon

the whole point of it is sharapova hates being compared to kournikova, as kournikova never won a tournament, just cause she is good looking doesnt mean she is anyway like her as a tennis player.
another problem was they tended to put kournikovas matches on centre court because of her looks and not her tennis ability, and after all most people go to the tennis to see the best players, not the best looking players...