• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the point though is that both of them will likely tie/beat federer's total slam count...if they don't for whatever reason, i think federer still remains the best of all time...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Is it really likely that they'll both beat him though? Nadal in particular would be surprising for me, even though he is closer to Federer.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It seems like Nadal can keep winning the French Open for as long as he cares to, though.

I mean, yeah I guess Djokovic can beat him based on his current level and record on clay, but if there's only one other guy who can stop you winning a major, and you've still beaten that guy 6/7 times there..

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe, that's 4 more years though, and Nadal has always problems with injuries. He could do it, but my money would be on Djokovic to get there first.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
By the end of the year which they turned 22, Djokovic and Federer had 1 slam, Rafa had 5.

I think that early start will ultimately get Rafa over the line.

As for Federer having a losing record against Djokovic, that tends to happen with a 6 year age gap. When Djokovic hit his prime and started winning majors regularly, Federer had crossed 30.

Hewitt had a positive W/L against Sampras but nobody's rating Hewitt close to him

Basically I think an argument could be made for all 3

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
anyone have the scoop on why federer is playing the clay circuit this year? could this be an indicator that this will be his last season and he is planning to retire...?

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Watching this whole underarm serve "gamesmanship" debate and definitely getting flashbacks to mankading debates.

Both are completely fine, obviously

Spark

Global Moderator
What's the debate? Haven't been following tennis much recently..
Kygrios did an underarm serve to Nadal because he was standing so far back to r return. Nadal wasn't, and isn't, happy about it at all. It's fair game imo.

vcs

Yeah, absolutely. This is coming from the bloke who regularly used to take up to 45 seconds to serve, and often held up his opponents when he was getting ready to return. Somehow he was able to adjust his routine when they brought in point penalties and clocks. 8-)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Kygrios did an underarm serve to Nadal because he was standing so far back to r return. Nadal wasn't, and isn't, happy about it at all. It's fair game imo.
i think the underarm serve comes under such criticism because it's a favoured weapon of the player who cannot play tennis. Looks bush league.

(insert jokes about Nadal's playing style etc)

vcs

Federer into the Dubai final, gets a chance to get some revenge over Tsitsipas and win his 100th title.

vcs

Awesome. :wub:

Some good wins this week too, against guys he's been losing against recently.