• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Niall

International Coach
Yeah with Djokovic/Wawrinka/Murray either still crocked or looking past it it's more or less a procession for Nadal on clay. Ditto Federer on grass.

Maybe the US Open could surprise.
Probably going to be proved really wrong here (not the first time:ph34r:)

But I think Wimbledon might be a little more open than the US Open. Last years US Open was the pits where Rafa won without breaking sweat, ffs PCB was in a semi final. If the courts are like last year Rafa will win.

Wimbledon does look like it will be Federer, but hopeful that grass gives more hope to the big hitters. I do think Zverev could do well here especially.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Probably going to be proved really wrong here (not the first time:ph34r:)

But I think Wimbledon might be a little more open than the US Open. Last years US Open was the pits where Rafa won without breaking sweat, ffs PCB was in a semi final. If the courts are like last year Rafa will win.

Wimbledon does look like it will be Federer, but hopeful that grass gives more hope to the big hitters. I do think Zverev could do well here especially.
Am really hoping Zverev does well at Wimbledon. Open it up a little and make it interesting.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
2 defeats at the French Open in 14 years. :laugh: ****ing two!

This is just ridiculous, really.

morgieb

Eh, he's easily the best player on grass in the field, no reason why he can't. Remember too he's been resting it up in Basel for the last 3 months, no reason for fatigue to be that much of a factor.

vcs

Eh, he's easily the best player on grass in the field, no reason why he can't. Remember too he's been resting it up in Basel for the last 3 months, no reason for fatigue to be that much of a factor.
He's probably favorite, but it's nowhere near as much of a foregone conclusion as Nadal on clay. He was a few points away from losing yesterday without facing a breakpoint all match. Quick surfaces always give the big hitters a chance.

That's why I was hoping Nadal would slip up a bit while defending his points on clay, but the guy's a machine. :(