• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Anna said:
Well, Tim's beaten the Scud in another Henman special. Can the health of the Nation withstand another one? lol. Mario Ancic in the 1/4s.

its not very often i support an English sportsman, and even less often against an Aussie, but i really did enjoy watching Henman Beat the scud this morning :D

Eclipse

International Debutant
Australia has bugger all good womens tennis players Molik is ok I guess but she's only ranked about 29 and she wont get much higher IMO.

The rest are good awfull especialy Nicole Pratt.

BTW Anyone else think K-lina Sprem of has a good future ??

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sprem looks like she has some talent, but theres a lot of womens players who have 1 or 2 good slams and fade away to nothing

Simon

how could u shooter?!?!?!
scud was unlucky with a few dodgey line calls, but it wont matter cause henman wont win the tournament anyway.

Eclipse

International Debutant
broncoman said:
sprem looks like she has some talent, but theres a lot of womens players who have 1 or 2 good slams and fade away to nothing
I think I will nominate Alexandra Stevensen as probably the worst of them.

Simon

Eclipse said:
I think I will nominate Alexandra Stevensen as probably the worst of them.
yeh shes quite crap, some people were talking about kuznetsova as a possible semi finalist at wimbledon, but she bombed out early, theres a few other highly ranked players that really offer nothing!

V Reddy

International Debutant
ReallyCrazy said:
bhupathi and paes have problems w/ each other
They are now going to play doubles again till Olympics. Atleast that's what they said that they will play together after Wimb till Athens.

Neha has a tough match today against Shahar Peer , Junior Aus Champ and already below 250 in Pro rankings.

Simon

Williams got through easily before, it doesnt look like shes gonna get beaten, maria is playing now, but looks a bit nervous....

Simon

after she broke in the first game of the 2nd set golovin went missing, serena just wanted to get the match over and done with, shows the lack of depth in womens tennis if u ask me....

Simon

Hewitt and federer tonight, i think lleyton can do it, im looking foward to gorjean and florian mayer, im hoping for mayer to win, but i think grojean will just have too much....

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
tiger tim gone....the fans literally carried him this far....there is only so much a crowd can do....sad, but the fact remains that he is just not good enough....

Simon

Anil said:
tiger tim gone....the fans literally carried him this far....there is only so much a crowd can do....sad, but the fact remains that he is just not good enough....
i agree, hes simply not a good enough tennis player to win wimbledon, i mean hes never won a grass court tournament and probably never will....

Simon

Sharapova will hopefully beat Davenport tonight, williams will kill mauresmo though, the winner of maria and davenport are definately playing for 2nd in this tournament.

anyone prepared to bet against her???

DJellett

International Debutant
Just want to say I am a massive fan of Mario Ancic and I am now tipping him to win the tourny...he was killing Henman's 2nd serves last night...

Simon

hes gonna have to do something special to counter Roddicks first serve!!!!

federer was damn impressive, id like grosjean to beat him, but i dont like his chances....