• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Class that.

RE the Suarez ban - I still think a club ban was wrong and the international ban should have been longer but completely agree that the training ban was absurd.
Disagree. Some offences are so severe that they merit a ban from all football, not just in the arena that the offence occurred. I'd put severe misconduct, drug offences and match fixing in this category without doubt.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The only issue I've got with his ban is that he'll literally serve half of it while missing a grand total of 0 club games.
First game back is the Classico isn't it?

I swear his first game back for Liverpool both times was V Man U

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Disagree. Some offences are so severe that they merit a ban from all football, not just in the arena that the offence occurred. I'd put severe misconduct, drug offences and match fixing in this category without doubt.
I wouldn't put any on pitch offences there tbh

cpr

International Coach
With Furball on this, high enough offence to get a ban from all football IMO. Stuff like Big Duncs headbutt (landed him in the nick didn't it?), Cantona's Kung Fu moment - these deserve the bigger punishments.

End of the day you do that in the street and it's assault. I know footballs a different area, most stuff would be assault etc.... But deliberately biting someone without provocation? Deserves a very hefty pushiment - more so when its the 3rd time and you do it infront of the entire world.

9 match international ban means nothing when potentially for a team the next 9 matches are for qualifying for a tournament they'll breeze into anyway (more so for a European team aiming for the Euro's than Uruguay, but the principle is there)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
With Furball on this, high enough offence to get a ban from all football IMO. Stuff like Big Duncs headbutt (landed him in the nick didn't it?), Cantona's Kung Fu moment - these deserve the bigger punishments.

End of the day you do that in the street and it's assault. I know footballs a different area, most stuff would be assault etc.... But deliberately biting someone without provocation? Deserves a very hefty pushiment - more so when its the 3rd time and you do it infront of the entire world.

9 match international ban means nothing when potentially for a team the next 9 matches are for qualifying for a tournament they'll breeze into anyway (more so for a European team aiming for the Euro's than Uruguay, but the principle is there)
In fairness, Big Dunc getting jail for that headbutt was absolutely ludicrous, as was his 12 game ban. There was barely any contact. It merited a red card and a ban, but the hysteria that sorrounded it was completely out of proportion to the offence.

And I'd agree, anything that can basically be classified as assault, which biting someone certainly does, should carry a ban that's measured in weeks and months, not games.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
One suspects that if he goes, Palace are dead in the water.

Crisis talks are ongoing, if various media sources are to be believed.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
What a man though. Derails Everton's top four push, trolls Liverpool then quits two days before they play Arsenal. He's certainly gone some way to winning my twitter timeline over.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Only just realised that Stoke got Mame Diouf on a free from Hannover. Could be one of the signings of the season, that one.