• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 15 Discussion and Prediction Competition

ripper868

International Coach
Brumbies vs Reds in Canberra in week 14 the key to the Australian conference IMO - I can't see both making the top six so that should be a huge match.
Yep indeedy, looking forward to it. Be interesting to see how the Brumbies backline goes without Lealiafano - I was gutted when he broke his ankle, was having a cracking season.

Quaggas

State Captain
Hurricanes vs Brumbies
Highlanders vs Bulls
Crusaders vs Blues
Reds vs Lions
Cheetahs vs Sharks
Stormers vs Waratahs
Force vs Rebels

LMS: Reds

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hurricanes vs Brumbies
Highlanders vs Bulls
Crusaders vs Blues
Reds vs Lions
Cheetahs vs Sharks
Stormers vs Waratahs
Force vs Rebels

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hurricanes vs Brumbies
Highlanders vs Bulls
Crusaders vs Blues
Reds vs Lions
Cheetahs vs Sharks
Stormers vs Waratahs
Force vs Rebels

LMS: Reds

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Barret isn't starting - how are the canes supposed to win with him on the bench - is he injured -what gives Somers?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Tipping competition week thirteen results:
Ripper868 7.1
Somerset 6
BoyBrumby 5
Johnners 5
Hurricane 4
Quaggas 4
Prince EWS 4

Tipping competition standings:
Somerset 63.7
Hurricane 60.7
BoyBrumby 58.5
Ripper868 58.5
Quaggas 56.4
Prince EWS 53.2
Johnners 52.2

Last man standing 3:
Eliminated:
Hurricane (Bulls, Chiefs, Waratahs, Highlanders, Sharks, Stormers, Hurricanes)

Standing:
BoyBrumby (Cheetahs, Brumbies, Highlanders, Stormers, Chiefs, Sharks, Reds)
Quaggas (Cheetahs, Bulls, Highlanders, Stormers, Chiefs, Sharks, Reds)
Ripper868 (Reds, Bulls, Waratahs, Brumbies, Hurricanes, Stormers, Rebels)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Finally Hurricane drops the ball in the LMS but three still stand after seven weeks. In the tipping competition, I'm starting to break clear but Hurricane's 4 points give Brumby and Ripper hope for a top two spot.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week Fourteen Fixtures:
Chiefs vs Bulls
Hurricanes vs Rebels
Blues vs Highlanders
Brumbies vs Reds
Force vs Lions
Cheetahs vs Waratahs
Sharks vs Stormers

Bye: Crusaders

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Quade Cooper back and starting this weekend v the Lions. Looking forward to see how he goes.
More than useful 40 minutes for Quade - perfect for the Reds to face the Lions to ease him back into action. As I mentioned last week, huge game for Quade and the Reds this week - with the Brumbies surprisingly winning in Wellington, its basically a must win match for the Reds.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Barret isn't starting - how are the canes supposed to win with him on the bench - is he injured -what gives Somers?
Think they just wanted to give Tusi Pisi a chance in the starting XV, I'm not aware that Barrett was under any injury cloud. He ended up playing 60 minutes anyway so if the plan was to rest Barrett it didn't really play out.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Chiefs vs Bulls
Hurricanes vs Rebels
Blues vs Highlanders
Brumbies vs Reds
Force vs Lions
Cheetahs vs Waratahs
Sharks vs Stormers

ripper868

International Coach
More than useful 40 minutes for Quade - perfect for the Reds to face the Lions to ease him back into action. As I mentioned last week, huge game for Quade and the Reds this week - with the Brumbies surprisingly winning in Wellington, its basically a must win match for the Reds.
Crunch game this week, NEED the win. BP would be great as well - though not likely. Think it'll end up being a 19-15 sort of game - one way or the other.

Quades return was alright, could tell from sitting in the stands that the backline were not use to him though - running lines weren't committed etc. It will come though, just having Quade there frees up the outside men as everyone in the defensive line is watching him.

Very happy with Benny Lucas at the moment though, has been playing some stellar footy.

ripper868

International Coach
Chiefs vs Bulls
Hurricanes vs Rebels
Blues vs Highlanders
Brumbies vs Reds
Force vs Lions
Cheetahs vs Waratahs
Sharks vs Stormers

LMS: Force (To complete the Australian Leg of LMS)

Quaggas

State Captain
Chiefs vs Bulls
Hurricanes vs Rebels
Blues vs Highlanders
Brumbies vs Reds
Force vs Lions
Cheetahs vs Waratahs
Sharks vs Stormers

LMS Hurricanes

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Crunch game this week, NEED the win. BP would be great as well - though not likely. Think it'll end up being a 19-15 sort of game - one way or the other.

Quades return was alright, could tell from sitting in the stands that the backline were not use to him though - running lines weren't committed etc. It will come though, just having Quade there frees up the outside men as everyone in the defensive line is watching him.

Very happy with Benny Lucas at the moment though, has been playing some stellar footy.
A close scoreline is what I'm predicting too. I still feel like the Reds are a bit undercooked and with the Brumbies on a roll after their win in Wellington, I've tipped them to win. Even so, I think its the Reds who've got nothing to lose. I still can't see two Australian sides making the top six and with the Brumbies already 8 points clear, the Reds might as well approach it like a final.

Big match in Durban too. A win to the Sharks would set them up nicely since they've still got a bye, a likely win over the Lions and a match at home against the Cheetahs still to come. A win to the Stormers (and a loss for the Bulls against the Chiefs) would really stack the odds in the Stormers favour to top the SA conference.