• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The problem with Tony Khan is he wants to sign everyone in the world.

What does it matter if the shows itself are roster bloated, he's going to sign more and more and more because man's got cash yo.

He needs to stop all this and focus on his current roster. He gets a job and he gets a job and he gets a job and everybody gets a job. Screen time is another story but hey at least you have a job in these difficult times.
No I mean I find it interesting if they are being used correctly. I liked how they started using Paul Wight for instance.

Vinny Ru

Cricket Spectator
No I mean I find it interesting if they are being used correctly. I liked how they started using Paul Wight for instance.
But the problem is precisely that they have too many stars now and they naturally don't know how to present them. The roster is already bloated beyond measure and adding even more people won't solve their issue. They need more airtime otherwise they are just going to fade into nothing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
But the problem is precisely that they have too many stars now and they naturally don't know how to present them. The roster is already bloated beyond measure and adding even more people won't solve their issue. They need more airtime otherwise they are just going to fade into nothing.
I wont mind some of them, espeically the older ones, transitioning to offscreen roles. That is one area where WWE always seemed to have the other companies beat. Having really experienced and good road agents, bookers who end up acting as mentors for the youngsters coming in.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah also, too many egos in a Pro Wrestling locker room has never worked out well.

Ever.

Vinny Ru

Cricket Spectator
Hasnt Brian Cage left AEW for WWE, I am sure I heard that - so thats one less :)
It was bound to happen. What did he expect, considering his spouse was ****ting on his employer publicly?

Is he going to WWE? I know he's been active on the indies since last appearing on AEW TV. Didn't hear anything about WWE.

Heboric

International Debutant
It was bound to happen. What did he expect, considering his spouse was ****ting on his employer publicly?

Is he going to WWE? I know he's been active on the indies since last appearing on AEW TV. Didn't hear anything about WWE.
it was one of those podcast things you get lots of on YouTube - they could be talking rubbish

Athlai

Not Terrible
I do think the AEW signs every WWE castoff is a bit overblown. All their champions are non WWE wrestlers and arguably they've been very selective about who they bring in.

The problem with TNA was always that they took anyone and everyone no matter what state they were in and presented them as some massive coup.

Mike5181

International Captain

I honestly doubt his wife's comments have much to do with it, could be wrong though. There's definitely other stuff going on there, whether it's vaccine-related or backstage issues. Like logically why would you remove a guy from Team Taz who's had promo issues, just doesn't make sense unless something else is going on.

Vinny Ru

Cricket Spectator
I honestly doubt his wife's comments have much to do with it, could be wrong though. There's definitely other stuff going on there, whether it's vaccine-related or backstage issues. Like logically why would you remove a guy from Team Taz who's had promo issues, just doesn't make sense unless something else is going on.
Could be, I too am speculating when I say it's because of his wife's comments. Regardless, AEW is not renewing his deal so no doubt he's being phased out.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think Cage just thinks of himself as a top guy (and hey I'm not knocking it, Stone Cold always tells people to have this mindset) and AEW simply don't. Even at this early stage of his career they saw Ricky Starks as the star and Cage as the guy who lays down to get him there.

If he isn't happy to not be in the limelight then he'd best head elsewhere I reckon.

Vinny Ru

Cricket Spectator
Never been a Cage fan. Just something missing for me.
He simply isn't that good. He doesn't want to work like a regular big guy. Consequently you have this monster guy doing flips on a show where Darby and the Lucha Bros all do it better. Instead of providing AEW a big man (which they need), he does flips less impressively than pretty much everyone else on the card.

Hobbs was the Shawn Michaels while Cage was the Marty Jannetty in Team Taz. Because Hobbs got way ahead of him, they turned him face and then he got booed against the Starks.

I give AEW a lot of **** for fumbling their booking. This however, is not one of those times.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The Danielson Moxley stuff has me excited for the future. That Danielson faction will come to existence, whether it's with Mox or Punk or whoever else.

I like how factions and the timing of signings have seen AEW make Japanese style generational feuds.

The Four Pillars - MJF, Jungle Boy, Sammy, Darby Allin
The "Fifth Pillar" (aggrieved person who thinks they should be in the above list)
- Ricky Starks (definitely), Sabian (maybe), Hobbs (maybe), Max Caster, Anthony Bowens, Johnny Hunger, Britt Baker, I could see Pillman Jr or Aaron Solo run this angle too if they get good.

And then we got the new young boys, the "future" is tomorrow type who unlike the above are probably not going to be champions for a few years.
- Dante Martin, Garcia, Hook, Wheeler Yuta, Moriarty.

There's also a few guys like Arns son and the Gunn boys that could end up anywhere

Vinny Ru

Cricket Spectator
I think Cage just thinks of himself as a top guy (and hey I'm not knocking it, Stone Cold always tells people to have this mindset) and AEW simply don't. Even at this early stage of his career they saw Ricky Starks as the star and Cage as the guy who lays down to get him there.

If he isn't happy to not be in the limelight then he'd best head elsewhere I reckon.
He was not NEARLY as good as he thought tho.

It's not as if he was a complete waste, there was lots of potential there, but one thing he never improved in was the character side of wrestling.

Keep faking it till it just becomes spontaneous. Jericho himself wrote in his autobiography that he was the absolute ****s at promos and didn't have a lick of charisma early on but faked it until it came naturally to him.

That's what Cage should have done.

Athlai

Not Terrible
He simply isn't that good. He doesn't want to work like a regular big guy. Consequently you have this monster guy doing flips on a show where Darby and the Lucha Bros all do it better. Instead of providing AEW a big man (which they need), he does flips less impressively than pretty much everyone else on the card.

Hobbs was the Shawn Michaels while Cage was the Marty Jannetty in Team Taz. Because Hobbs got way ahead of him, they turned him face and then he got booed against the Starks.

I give AEW a lot of **** for fumbling their booking. This however, is not one of those times.
As soon as Hobbs showed his **** eating grin as a heel, Cage was screwed. Hobbs just had 10x the charisma even as raw as he is.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If Bobby Lashley can work as a top guy in WWE (even if it took them a good half dozen repackages), anybody can be a cool character in the right situation.
Maybe it's wrestling death matches in GCW or something

Vinny Ru

Cricket Spectator
If Bobby Lashley can work as a top guy in WWE (even if it took them a good half dozen repackages), anybody can be a cool character in the right situation.
Maybe it's wrestling death matches in GCW or something
Hard to argue there. I think he has no ideas himself and therefore needs a good manager. His main issue though like I said is working indy flippy spot monkey style when he clearly should be working like a monster with zero high flying.

If a jackass like The Ultimate Warrior got over as a complete roided up moron stiffing and injuring people in the ring, then definitely this guy could too, seeing as he has way more ring talent than the Warrior did.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha you hadn't seen them called that? They even have a t-shirt, and there's another that has Britt Baker.
I've always wondered if it infuriated you