• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Gotta say though, I thought a lot of these names had been axed months or even years ago. Genuinely had no idea that the Colons were still on the roster. Can't remember seeing them on any WWE programming for literally about 2-3 years.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Gotta say though, I thought a lot of these names had been axed months or even years ago. Genuinely had no idea that the Colons were still on the roster. Can't remember seeing them on any WWE programming for literally about 2-3 years.
I think they were pretty much only used on the Puerto Rico tours

Kraken

International 12th Man
Well ****. I mean, for some of these names, it isn't terribly surprising. However, there's some WWE vets on there who have been completely dicked imo. Heath Slater, Zack Ryder, Chioda ffs!!!

I for one, hope Rusev makes them regret this big time in AEW

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well ****. I mean, for some of these names, it isn't terribly surprising. However, there's some WWE vets on there who have been completely dicked imo. Heath Slater, Zack Ryder, Chioda ffs!!!
Those blokes and Finlay definitely all seemed like guys who would have a job there for life.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
so two things are happening:

1) Vince is terrified of Fox/USA rewriting the TV Deals, which is their only thing nowadays - providing content to the TV companies and getting the money. (well that and Saudi). The fear of breaching the contract and allowing Fox/USA an opportunity to rewrite it is clearly causing some panicking.
and
2) As Sledger noted, this is solely about keeping their profit projections on track. None of these people needed to go, but I'm sure a lot of them wanted to go. WWE just wanted to pop the stock market, and hey it worked, went up 30%. Gallows/Anderson/Logan/Darke are like the only ones I think might have wanted to stay.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Spent my 'working' afternoon yesterday fantasy booking my all time Wrestlemania card. Would usually be a worthwhile Friday afternoon activity but I did have actual work to do, alas.

Still somewhat worthwhile I guess.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha just about to feed the kids, I'll post it up in a bit!

Spoilers: Daniel Bryan (circa 2012/13) wins the world title from 2001 heel Stone Cold in the main event.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
By popular* demand then:

*Someone asked.

Pre show

1. Men's Battle Royale: All former heavyweight champs not otherwise booked.
Winner: Ultimate Warrior in a hosstastic final 4 with Goldberg, Batista and Big Show.

2. Christian and Dustin Rhodes (faces) vs The Bar (heels)
Winners: The Bar

3. Women's Battle Royale: All former champs not otherwise booked.
Charlotte wins lol. Final 4 with Trish, Lita and Becky

Main Show

1. Rey Mysterio & Ricky Steamboat vs Owen Hart & William Regal
Mysterio gets the win for the faces

2. United States Championship
Ric Flair (c) vs Kurt Angle
Flair (circa 1992 & the heel here) retains with a figure 4 after a low blow.

3. Money in the Bank ladder match
HBK vs AJ Styles vs Bob Backlund vs CM Punk vs Ted DiBiase vs Roddy Piper
Piper steals the win here

4. Tag Team Championship: Steel Cage Match
Mankind & Sgt Slaughter (c) vs Eddie Guerrero & Tito Santana
Challengers (the faces) win in a bloodbath

5. 'Co-main event'
Hulk Hogan, The Rock & John Cena vs Andre the Giant, Vader & Brock Lesnar
Upset win for the heels here with Andre pinning Rock. Faces clear house in a post-match brawl and do some posing.

6. Undertaker vs Randy Savage
It's Wrestlemania. Taker wins.

7. Women's Championship unification match
Ronda Rousey(c) vs Asuska(c)
Ostensibly face vs face but it's these two so stiff and nasty. Ronda gets both belts.

8. Intercontinental Championship: Falls count anywhere
Bret Hart (c) vs Roman Reigns
Brawl round the arena. Champ retains via small package after a missed spear into some scenary

9. WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Stone Cold Steve Austin (c) vs Daniel Bryan
Austin from his '01 heel run. 2012/13 'Yes Movement' Bryan. Austin taps out in the middle of the ring and Bryan celebrates with the fans.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wow... very interesting and pretty eclectic as far as wrestling taste goes. :) Can you tell me why you paired up the guys you did though? Were Chrisitan and Goldust ever a team? Same with Owen and Regal?

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Those weren't established teams to my knowledge. But I like tag matches and I'll confess I used them here to fit more people I liked on the card. (See also: the MitB match.) With the pre show I initially had The Bar vs the Rockers which would surely be a blast but I couldn't really keep Michaels off the main card so I just thought off who would be fun in that spot. (I could have kept Jannetty there but that's only just occurred to me.) Christian obviously best known for his heel team with Edge but I think he was best as a face on his comeback run around 09. Dustin I think was a really solid worker and good in tags plus gives a nice contrast with Christian in size so could go toe to toe with The Bar.

Mysterio and Steamboat I think are a self evident babyface dream team. Owen and Regal would both be great at working viciously when on top and also stooging and selling big for the comebacks.

The thinking behind the cage match was 'how to get the best out of '04 era Eddie' and settled on a bloody, underdog brawl. I wanted opponents who were big enough to bully him but who would also bump and bleed big to put his inevitable comeback over. Tito fits as a partner as someone who can take a beating and bring the fire down the stretch, plus the Texan/Latino background for both is a bonus I guess for selling them as a team.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nice stuff.. I got some thoughts to share on it overall but its pretty late now and gotta get the lil one to bed. Will wake up nice and fresh and see if I can type out a nice commentary on your card. :)

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks, will look forward to your comments. Should beat my boss's feedback on Monday about my work.

(Also I naturally assume the feedback will mostly be in the 'What an awesome card, what a mind you have!' vein.)

Last edited: