• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watching HIAC right now, and really loved the opening match between Ziggler and Cesaro. Weird that they finished it in 2 falls, but good stuff. Wish Cesaro was face, though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
One of the absolute best RAW matches ever for mine. Shame it'll never get a mention anywhere important again.

In fact most of the best RAW matches I can remember involve Jericho. Him vs Cena in 2005 when he lost and got fired was awesome as well.

OverratedSanity

One of the absolute best RAW matches ever for mine. Shame it'll never get a mention anywhere important again.

In fact most of the best RAW matches I can remember involve Jericho. Him vs Cena in 2005 when he lost and got fired was awesome as well.
Yeah Jericho's had some good ones on RAW. That phantom championship match the obvious one to mention, but quite enjoyed the fatal 4 way tlc match he was in too.

OverratedSanity

That phantom match + HHH's segment at the end where he took back the title just made me hate him more than maybe any other wrestler ever. The way that whole thing played out was such a great mini-storyline. Hebner agreeing to reverse his decision on the condition that HHH doesn't touch him as long as he's a WWF referee, HHH agrees, and after getting back the title, fires Hebner and pedigrees him. :laugh:

What a heel he was.

OverratedSanity

Strictly ok PPV imo. None of the matches really got to MOTy category but not too many stinkers either.

Ziggler vs Cesaro: Really good stuff. These two are damn good in the ring and the crowd was pretty into it, especially when Cesaro walked Ziggler up the ropes and did a superplex... so awesome. As I said before, it was strange to end it in 2 falls, because 2/3 falls matches generally go all the way, but it did something which I didn't predict, so kudos. Hope Ziggler gets back up the ladder soon. ***3/4

Nikki vs Brie: Meh, it wasn't unwatchable **

Gold+Stardust vs Usos: pretty good tag team match... I like watching the Usos, but these two have basically met several times, with not too many fresh spots happening to keep it feeling fresh. Still fun though, and Goldust's return has been really great. ***1/2

Cena vs Orton HIAC: Better than I was expecting. A couple of really, amazing RKOs outta nowhere moments... When Cena was just beginning his staple shoulder block sequence, I just sighed and almost tuned out, but Orton hit the RKO before Cena got even halfway throughit... brilliant. As was the AA countered into an RKO. But this one just highlighted how stupid the AA looks sometimes... Orton hit the RKO, but he didn't really escape the AA bceause he pretty much fell on his back the same way he would if he hadnt countered it. But then he got up as though the AA didnt affect him at all. **** like this really annoys me and these two are so experienced they should know that it would look weird. Kind of a nitpick, though, as it was a good match overall. Still believe these two havent really had a great match yet, though. ***1/2

Sheamus vs Miz: Ok match, good finish with Miz eating a sick looking Brogue kick. And I don't know why, but Mizdow's shtick , while kinda stupid, does make me laugh. A lot. ***

Rusev vs Show: Basically a TV match, but nothing terrible. Rusev won again, as he should. People are saying he'll now be booked to get the US title, which would be great :laugh:. Still have hope Kurt will make his glorious return to stop him, though. #Believe. **1/2

Aj lee vs Paige: Now, this one sucked. Crowd was dead, nobody cared what was going on in the ring *1/2

Rollis vs Ambrose HIAC: Was really looking forward to this, and when Ambrose came out with his crazy eyes, tossed a dozen chairs into the ring but then decided to climb to the top of the cage, I almost screamed with excitement. Brawls on top of the cell are always fun. Good spot onto the announce tables, although I didn't buy that they needed to be stretchered off. Seemed like they were trying too hard to call back to KOTR 98. The rest of the match inside the cell was pretty damn good, too, with more than a few good looking spots, like the elbow onto the table. But the end was just stupid imo. I like Bray Wyatt, but why end this feud with an out of the blue interruption? A brutal feud needed to end in the cell properly with both beating the **** of themselves and one guy inching over the finish. This was just silly. Sets up a new feud without properly resolving the current one. Hopefully Ambrose doesn't get into a feud exclusively with Bray and they forget about him and Rollins completely. ***3/4

Overall, just a decent PPV. Nothing really stood out.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also came back at the Royal Rumble this year, and won. The E tried to push him as a face, but the fans were having none of it and booed the **** out of him. Forced a heel turn, and he then spent the next few PPVs jobbing to Bryan and the Shield, and now he has gone away again.
Huge movie career beckons after The Guardians

Saw him interviewed recently and appears to be a very interesting guy

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, doubt we'll see much more of him in pro wrestling now tbh. Not overly fussed about that. I never minded him that much (despite various sources indicating that he is a **** - the story about Booker T beating him up backstage was quality), but I think he is passed his sell-by-date so far as wrasslin' goes. Good luck to him I guess.

social

Yeah, doubt we'll see much more of him in pro wrestling now tbh. Not overly fussed about that. I never minded him that much (despite various sources indicating that he is a **** - the story about Booker T beating him up backstage was quality), but I think he is passed his sell-by-date so far as wrasslin' goes. Good luck to him I guess.
Nah, if he becomes a movie star then his currency will do nothing but rise

At the end of the day, Booker T is nothing more than a former crim with a reasonable schtick so there's little doubt who is more valuable

social

That is a baffling response to sledger's post
He said that he was past his sell by date

IF he becomes a major movie star (and by all accounts, that is on the cards) then that is patently not the case

duffer

Just like Lesnar. Becoming UFC Champ got him over without needing to spend a minute in the ring.

social

Just like Lesnar. Becoming UFC Champ got him over without needing to spend a minute in the ring.
Yep

Rock is no longer a wrestler but his profile makes him a valuable commodity for marketing purposes

Batista might end up being the same

At the end of the day, Booker T is "just" a wrestler

OverratedSanity

Yeah, it's a fair point... he's certainly a very well known face now and that in itself means he could have a role to play in the WWE if they use him right. I think Batista himself said he felt it was a mistake that they brought him back as a face, and I have to agree. Could've done a great job as the typical Hollywood heel. It would've been pretty unique in a way as well, I don't think we've had a hollywood heel+monster heel in a single gimmick. It's usually the ****y variety ala the Rock.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He said that he was past his sell by date

IF he becomes a major movie star (and by all accounts, that is on the cards) then that is patently not the case
Yep

Rock is no longer a wrestler but his profile makes him a valuable commodity for marketing purposes

Batista might end up being the same

At the end of the day, Booker T is "just" a wrestler
He didn't state that Booker T is a bigger name than Batista. Just said Batista is apparently a **** backstage, and the story about Booker beating him up is funny.