• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Meh. Let's not get carried away. Shane wrestled a few good matches but to be called a good wrestler, I would need him to wrestle at least a few more more regularly.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Shane O Mac is a v good worker. The fact that he's had a fair share of cool spots shouldn't be used as a stick to beat him with.

indiaholic

International Captain
Yeah, but I think the fact that he's Vince's son drove him to go above and beyond in proving that he wasn't just going to sit on daddy's billions in the company. Must've been ridiculously motivating for the rest of the locker room to see him do all those crazy things in the attitude era. He didn't need to do any of it, still went and set an example.
Think the rumour was that the other wrestlers did not appreciate his spots because while Shane could afford to do a crazy stunt and then rest and recuperate for a long time, they could not because they had to wrestle again next week.

indiaholic

International Captain
I think I do understand Athlai's post.. I do love Shane but he cannot carry a match without crazy spots. Think that is a huge part of being a wrestler. Being able to tell a story with the least damage to yourself and your opponent.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, but Shane is not a full-time "wrestler" and never was. It's nonsense to try and hold him to the same standard as someone who is. If you are to take him as he is, on his own individual merits, I think it's crazy to deny that on his day he's a great worker. Nobody is claiming he's Kurt Angle etc...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
And besides, he's repeatedly demonstrated the kind of match psychology people praise full-time performers all the time. It wasn't all about the spots, he was (and presumably still is) an excellent storyteller in matches and great on the mic.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Which is what I said.
Comes down to semantics. Think we all agree on his strengths but your definition of 'wrestler' is perhaps geared towards technical wrestling ability as opposed to being a rounded pro wrestler, fair?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
A wrestler has to wrestle at least a few matches regularly. If Flintoff appears in 7 matches a ten years we wouldn't call him a current cricketer would we?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Comes down to semantics. Think we all agree on his strengths but your definition of 'wrestler' is perhaps geared towards technical wrestling ability as opposed to being a rounded pro wrestler, fair?
Well I'm fine with wrestler encompassing a wide spectrum of styles but feel that Shane in particular shouldn't be described as a "great wrestler" (as OS did) because he is so limited and has never really shown his ability to work outside of the big big matches. Even at the height of his in-ring career he was part-time to the extreme.

I'd certainly not say I'm particularly geared to only calling someone a good wrestler on technical ability, I think Big Show and Kane are ATGs. Storytelling goes a long way and I love having Shane on my screen but he isn't a good wrestler.

To me it's part of the appeal of his character, he is the perennial underdog in any match he has ever been in because he isn't a professional.

Athlai

Not Terrible
That Stephanie promo was incredible. She had legit heat and used it to perfection.
Yeah was just thinking this. Night full of promos and hers was the best by a long way.

Wish the Hasbro deal didn't mean they couldn't have intergender fighting.

The Becky Sasha match was a bit of a mess and the end looked horrible particularly on replay, but hey... Probably getting the match we wanted. Yay?

indiaholic

International Captain
I thought the match itself was okay. The end ruined it for me. Hope the wrestlemania match will be at the same level as the NXT Sasha vs Bailey matches. Will be a huge boost for women's wrestling if it is at that standard.
The thing that was super impressive about Stephanie's promo was how she did not allow the crowd to get in the 'What' chants. Made me super happy. You need to know your material very well to dish it out like that.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Holy ****, that Steph promo is brilliant.

The most powerful thing about it is that, well...she's right. Also, feminist argument ftw.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, haven't seen a promo like this since CM Punk and his pipebombs. Heels who aren't just dicks, but actually have a valid point, are awesome.