• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Both of them were essentially dropping onto the ladder blind. So many things could've gone wrong here. Kalisto had to elevate himself perfectly and the Uso had to hold Kalisto central. A little to the left or right and they both would've smashed onto the mat from 15 feet high. Worse, Kalisto's leg could've been destroyed if he'd landed it badly on the ladder.

Never thought Anjelico's dropkick off the balcony would be topped this year.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Okay I need to blindly fall onto a ladder straight onto my crotch to avoid breaking a leg.

Kalisto is so metal.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Both of them were essentially dropping onto the ladder blind. So many things could've gone wrong here. Kalisto had to elevate himself perfectly and the Uso had to hold Kalisto central. A little to the left or right and they both would've smashed onto the mat from 15 feet high. Worse, Kalisto's leg could've been destroyed if he'd landed it badly on the ladder.

Never thought Anjelico's dropkick off the balcony would be topped this year.
Haha, especially not in WWE, of all places.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Must surely have done so at least a handful of times. Can't imagine they'd have been allowed to call a spot like that on the fly, given the danger involved etc...

OverratedSanity

Yeah I think for spots like this, they probably just plan every single detail but don't actually practise it. Doing it once would be dangerous enough.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah I expect they probably would have practiced going off the ladder on to a cushioned mat to just ensure they got the angles right. Uso did a great job there of supporting Kalisto's weight dead straight

Teja.

Global Moderator
NXT: Takeover London

HHH, our based god comes to kick off the show conquering both Roman and kayfabe. He hypes up the already incredible crowd in a short and effective one minute promo.

Asuka v. Emma (w/ Dana Brooke) :
Asuka has a great entrance with the mask which the crowd loves. Emma comes out to 'Asuka's gonna kill you'. I hope I never see the day that chant gets old. They both start stiffing each other, like we've never seen in a women's match even on NXT with jabs and chops. Asuka hits a beyond awesome flying signature hip attack off the apron to the outside and a missile drop kick. Emma is brutal with her submission attacks. Dana does some solid trash talk. Asuka does a couple more of the hip attacks which I don't think is great because it's such a cool move that it loses it's novelty when done so often - much like Ambrose's running clothesline or suicide dive. Asuka counters a running kick aimed at the head into an ankle lock and then does a proper ****ing powerful german suplex. Asuka goes for her signature submission but Emma gets hold of the ref's shirt and they both collide into the ref for a ref bump. Dana takes advantage by throwing in her belt to Emma, Asuka has a tug-of-war and snatches the belt from Emma as the ref recovers with the belt in Asuka's hand and Emma out, surely this great match shouldn't end in a cheap DQ? Emma uses the distraction and rolls up Asuka which Asuka counters into the Asuka lock but Dana distracts the ref for several seconds as Emma was phantom tapping out, Emma breaks out of it and gets her hands on the belt and the **** finish is teased again, Asuka however hits a brutal round house for the win. This is one of the few times ref ****ery was done excellently and made me a complete mark where I was going 'oh no, they didn't. Awesome work by both. Wouldn't be surprised if this'll be match of the night. 15:00

Asuka wins via pinfall - 8/10

Dash and Dawson (C) v. Enzo and Cass (w/ Carmela) for the Tag Team Titles :Great video package to begin with channeling the face love for E & C. Enzo comes out, takes a coin out from his jacket and says "If I had a pound for every time me and big Cass didn't get up after being knocked down, I'd have zero pounds" Solid ground wrestling start to the match with the story told of Enzo getting beat up and not being able to get the tag, finally Cass gets the tag and reigns for a while but D&D attack the **** out of his injured knee including a brutal knee submission which Cas sells well, Cass finally gets the rope, manages the tag and they hit the rocker launcher but the ref is pulled out at a near fall, D &D then hit their top rope modified codebreaker or whatever it's called which looks amazing and get the pin. Crowd was really into E & C and match had a ton of action and was overall very fun. Cass forgot to sell his knee after the specific sequence though. 14:50

Dash and Dawson win via pinfall - 6.5/10

Baron Corbin v. Apollo Crews: The best thing about this match was the A-level heat that Corbin was drawing from the crowd. Corbin says"You should've stayed in ROH, you should've stayed in little gyms" which is hilarious not only on a prima facie level as part of his indy-hating gimmick but also at a meta level because Crews was never in ROH. :laugh: Crowd goes "You're **** and you know it" and Corbin stretches his arms at the crowd and soaks it in Y2J style, Crowd responds with "**** you Corbin"/"Na na na, Corbin's a wanker" The actual match itself was slightly disappointing considering I think Corbin's come a long way in the ring and Crews is insanely athletic. Crews didn't get much of an opportunity to show off his move set between the short length of the match and Corbin playing off the crowd. A great spot where Crews was thrown outside the ring and his head hits the edge of the stairs on the way out, a standing moonsault by Crews and a deep six by Corbin. They clearly lacked chemistry when not doing spots like those though. Corbin ends it with an end of days. Not great in ring work, not terrible, must watch for the insane crowd reactions considering how rare it is to see heels draw legit and not comic heat these days. 11:15

Baron Corbin wins via pinfall - 5.5/10

Bayley (C) v. Nia Jax for the NXT Women's championship: Bayley is the most over person tonight by far. Crowd chants "Hey Bailey, I wanna know, if you'll be my girl" and Bayley can't help giving a cheeky smile. This is great. Nia is very limited in movement and her moveset is limited to varations of throwdowns,1-inch legdrops and samoan drops. After a million dollar dream and a few escapes by Bayley, 80% of the match of Nia squashing Bayley with repetitions of the above moves and Bayley selling it like HBK. Beautiful. At one point, Jax hits 3 somoan drops, a leg drop and then pins Bayley with one foot. As far as I'm concerned, Bayley was selling it like she's broken 72 bones in her body and is in a coma. She kicks out at 2 for the pop of the night. Jax then hits a brutal leg drop inclined at Bayley's arm and then hits three consecutive legdrops on Bayley's head which Bayley sells like death itself, Bayley kicks out at 2.9. Bayley is walking around dazed like waking up from a concussion and reverses Jax putting up on the top rope into a gullitone choke and Jax throws her down hard, Bayley does it again for slightly longer and Jax throws her down again, Bayley gets Jax on her knees this time and applies the gullitone choke and completely locks it in. Jax does an alright sell for once and taps out after about 15 seconds of suspense. Look, this wasn't much for in ring work but Bayley got the best match possible out of Nia Jax. Story telling and emotion is as important a part of pro-wrestling or at least should be. Unexpectedly great stuff. 13:20

Bayley wins via submission - 7/10

Finn Balor (C) v. Samoa Joe for the NXT Championship: Both these guys are over as **** and the video package is stellar. Joe comes out looking like a crazy man and Balor comes out to an incredible Jeritron/Jack the ripper/Demon Balor combination of an entrance. Balor starts off the attack, sets up Joe on the stairs for an incredible flying double stomp spot from a long away on the apron but unfortunately for the audience Joe dodges and hits an STJOE on the outside. Joe then begins his offence and the best part of the match. Joe looks then years younger and just lays it in with awesome intensity. Both guys just went at it non-stop countering each other's signature moves and having a fantastic match. Balor hits a double stomp on Joe's back another standing double stomp. This repetitive **** with the stomp just dilutes the **** out of his finisher IMO but meh. In the fantastic ending sequence, Joe is down as Balor is up on the top rope for his flying double foot stomp finisher but Joe gets up, hits an enziguiri Balor and tries to set up a super muscle buster and everybody marks out but Balor fights, gets Joe down again, finally hits a great flying double stomp for the win. Incredible match, highly unpredictable as both had legit cases to go over and both are ****ing great so didn't mind. 18:15

Finn Balor wins via pinfall - 8.5/10

tl;dr - Overall, when I was watching TLC, I was watching it as a critical wrestling fan looking out for possible good matches, when I was watching Takoever:London, I was watching like a kid rooting for my favourites and that tells a lot about the storytelling here. Two amazing matches, two matches which told a great story and the other relatively 'weak' match wasn't very long and had some hilarious crowd reactions. This is up there with Brooklyn and WM 31 as a contender for the best WWE PPV of the year and was a Zayn appearance and a Sasha-Bayley / Zayn-Neville level classic away from being an ATG PPV for me, personally. Still, amazing though with not one bad match - enhanced by the commentary which put over the storylines involved with seriousness and a very active and different crowd leading to a sensational atmosphere. 9/10

Last edited:

Spikey

looking forward to roh's final battle this weekend. should be pretty easy for non roh followers to enjoy. a good card with tons of cool guys, young bucks, aj styles, roderick strong, matt sydal, christopher daniels/frankie kazarian, dalton castle trying to get his boys back.

and adam cole baby v kyle o'reilly

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
omg this Reigns and Sheamus promo. FMD.

At least the fans are chanting "tater tot" though. Vince will be happy with that.
Holy **** I just finally heard Solomonster's review of this segment. Arguably his best one ever :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nky4LIxjzwI

"what's worse is that the crowd started a "tater tots" chant, and that was the moment I realised I think I may be too old for this ****. I've become Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon, that's what I've become. It broke my heart to hear that chant, it really did"

:laugh:

PG era hey.