• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Austin and Heyman started trying to build a Stone Cold vs Lesnar match for WM last night on his podcast. Austin got into his Stone Cold character, and seemed up for it. Seriously doubt it'll happen, but it would be amazing. Could get a fantastic line-up if it does happen:

Austin - Brock
Shield Triple Threat
HHH - Rock
Taker - Sting
Cena-Orton

Yes please!
added the headliner.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Tired meme is tired.

Lift your game, Spikey. It's obvious -- we'll see Cena and Orton teaming up against the WWE's hottest new tag-team, the SuperMen! SuperDom and SuperNev (accompanied by Steven Smith and a lion cub) take on two of the greatest stars in WWE history...live, on the WWE Network!

Their fancy WM entrance being real-life versions of those spinning eye things.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I don't think you'd find many people in this thread who would disagree tbh. I think it's only some of the most ardent IWC who really continue to pedal the hate against him. One gets the feeling that members of the live crowds boo him to look cool a lot of the time, and a lot of the time he manages to win a fair portion of them over before the night is out.

Bloke's incredible though. Works insanely hard, has good matches with pretty much everyone, and obviously is extremely passionate about what he does. And that's before you get on to all of the Make a Wish stuff he does (read an article the other day about how he did a 300 mile round trip on his day off just to go and visit a kid in some nearby state recently). Really don't see what there is to dislike at all about the guy.
His 'rise above the hate' gimmick was a subtle heel move. Think they wanted people to boo him and use it as a part of his character. It was a holier than thou thing he did against every fan and he is still feeling the effects.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Bloke's incredible though. Works insanely hard, has good matches with pretty much everyone, and obviously is extremely passionate about what he does. And that's before you get on to all of the Make a Wish stuff he does (read an article the other day about how he did a 300 mile round trip on his day off just to go and visit a kid in some nearby state recently). Really don't see what there is to dislike at all about the guy.
The springboard stunner.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
This Cena and Owens feud has me hooked. Incredible mic work on Raw to follow an epic encounter.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
TBY right on the money re Cena

Just watched chamber. For a bonus show we weren't even getting a month ago it delivered in buckets

Spikey

Tired meme is tired.

Lift your game, Spikey. It's obvious -- we'll see Cena and Orton teaming up against the WWE's hottest new tag-team, the SuperMen! SuperDom and SuperNev (accompanied by Steven Smith and a lion cub) take on two of the greatest stars in WWE history...live, on the WWE Network!

Their fancy WM entrance being real-life versions of those spinning eye things.
NSW cricket doesn't want to be associated with the WWE but

King Pietersen

International Captain
Lucha Underground tonight, pretty excited. Watched the last episode the other night, and it was the first full episode I'd seen, and man it's so good. It's so different from anything else in the market. The way it's filmed with the strange camera angles, the high spots, the focus on the lucha style, it's amazing. So much talent too, Prince Puma could possibly be the most talented in-ring performer in the world right now, which is high praise indeed, and then the return of Mil Muertes was awesome. He's the sort of monster heel that the WWE are sorely missing right now, the guy is a beast. Anyone else a fan?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
They're pushing Roman hardcore based on RAW. Odds on to win MITB?
More likely than not, I would say. At this point I don't think it would hurt him if he didn't win though. They seem to have realised that there's no rush to get him to the top, and that taking it slower and letting him get over organically seems to be working. Mind you, that said, there's nobody else in the match I can see winning the thing.

Orton, nah - boring choice. Ziggler, would be cool, but can't see them going for him at all. Kofi, obviously just in the match in order to do some cool spots. Neville, similar to Kofi, but this at least should really help him get over. Sheamus, urgh no...

Spikey

just finished my first ep of lucha and holy ****. it was 5/13 so it was the one with the 7 person match. insane. will watch more.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
lol @ how wwe.com has a feature up on "Every Money in the Bank Competitor Ever".

Someone seems to be missing...

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
More likely than not, I would say. At this point I don't think it would hurt him if he didn't win though. They seem to have realised that there's no rush to get him to the top, and that taking it slower and letting him get over organically seems to be working. Mind you, that said, there's nobody else in the match I can see winning the thing.

Orton, nah - boring choice. Ziggler, would be cool, but can't see them going for him at all. Kofi, obviously just in the match in order to do some cool spots. Neville, similar to Kofi, but this at least should really help him get over. Sheamus, urgh no...
Which would leave them needing a heel Champion. Would love to see Rollins put Reigns over, or a Triple Threat Shield match.

OverratedSanity

They're pushing Roman hardcore based on RAW. Odds on to win MITB?

Which would leave them needing a heel Champion. Would love to see Rollins put Reigns over, or a Triple Threat Shield match.
Have a feeling he'll cash in on Ambrose after he wins.

Spikey

Have a feeling he'll cash in on Ambrose after he wins.
I was hoping he'd actually cash in on Rollins during the disrupted title angle, so he 'sides' with Ambrose's title claim before removing all doubt by grabbing the title himself and turning heel, but I don't see how that's possible with their ladder match at MITB. So next stop is Rollins beating Ambrose, Ambrose destroying Rollins sometime and then Reigns with the cheap cash in.